Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

So after reading the reviews, I've officially bought my ticket. This is the type of film that sounds like it's gonna be so bad that it's good. I can't wait to see all the explosions and CGI. Screw all character development. Who is asking for that in a film about a bunch of robot cars going around destroying shit? 

Sign me the fuck up for this! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

ANTHONY HOPKINS SAYS THIS IN THE FILM

Reveal hidden contents

I CAN'T BREATHE

Good lord, lol. Now we know how Hopkins agreed to this film.

Just now, CaptainJackSparrow said:

More importantly, will the general audience like this film more than the last?

Depends, how elaborate is the comic relief slaughter?

AMAGAD this RottenTomatron™ reviews shockwave gonna reach Cybertron

I didn't expect anything less from Michael Bay than him to go out with a bang in the shape of 1 digit RT score.
C'mon Bay, you can do it!

Edited by Ohana
edit*

Village Voice spoiler review, very funny...https://www.villagevoice.com/2017/06/20/heres-what-the-new-transformers-movie-is-like/

Spoiler

In the opening scene of Transformers: The Last Knight, we are presented with the spectacle of King Arthur and his knights locked in an existential battle for the survival of human civilization, even though we’re not really told who or what they’re fighting for. No matter, because this after all is a Transformers movie, so soon we’re faced with

(Actually, there is one pretty good scene about halfway through, when a British butler robot named Cogman keeps undercutting Anthony Hopkins’s stirring speeches by playing the film’s rousing theme music in the background on organs and such. This got real laughs from me, and for once, I felt like Bay’s desperate attempts at humor were working. But then it was back to

okhvk;OFIavomitousdischargeofplotpointsbeuuauuq3c2i;C HIfihiehfeshliketheresachosenonehereandanotherchosenoneJK ljjkfaejjeexkandmultiplesacredobjectsmlecjaje;lfja;eaejl;a33itm jafcandjesusatonepointhteyevenhavemarkwahlbergutterarthurcclarkes famousquoteabouthowanysufficientlyadvancedtechnologywillbe indistinguishablefrommagicohgodstopcnhfhplerafffkalkqh jsgfffrkitsalloverloadandoverkillandchaoszcsmwmezzeajcjeaa pflikeyourshoppingbagburstandsplatteredrobotsalloverthefloorlchdqh ;3dbutwelostthiswaralongtimeagokrcifhahaeifiajekjj,l ekjfwhatdoyoudowhenthesignalbecomesthenoisezclkhwa4 friaghskfbandyoucannolongertellthedifference.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Village Voice spoiler review, very funny...https://www.villagevoice.com/2017/06/20/heres-what-the-new-transformers-movie-is-like/

Hide contents

In the opening scene of Transformers: The Last Knight, we are presented with the spectacle of King Arthur and his knights locked in an existential battle for the survival of human civilization, even though we’re not really told who or what they’re fighting for. No matter, because this after all is a Transformers movie, so soon we’re faced with

(Actually, there is one pretty good scene about halfway through, when a British butler robot named Cogman keeps undercutting Anthony Hopkins’s stirring speeches by playing the film’s rousing theme music in the background on organs and such. This got real laughs from me, and for once, I felt like Bay’s desperate attempts at humor were working. But then it was back to

okhvk;OFIavomitousdischargeofplotpointsbeuuauuq3c2i;C HIfihiehfeshliketheresachosenonehereandanotherchosenoneJK ljjkfaejjeexkandmultiplesacredobjectsmlecjaje;lfja;eaejl;a33itm jafcandjesusatonepointhteyevenhavemarkwahlbergutterarthurcclarkes famousquoteabouthowanysufficientlyadvancedtechnologywillbe indistinguishablefrommagicohgodstopcnhfhplerafffkalkqh jsgfffrkitsalloverloadandoverkillandchaoszcsmwmezzeajcjeaa pflikeyourshoppingbagburstandsplatteredrobotsalloverthefloorlchdqh ;3dbutwelostthiswaralongtimeagokrcifhahaeifiajekjj,l ekjfwhatdoyoudowhenthesignalbecomesthenoisezclkhwa4 friaghskfbandyoucannolongertellthedifference.

Lol, I was going to post that same review. :)

TOMATOMETER

Those reviews make me really wanna watch it even when they are telling me not to! It's so strange, every time they mention some plot point, moment or character that they thought sucked I'm like "duuuude, that sounds so rad!", not even exaggerating, it really does sound more and more awesome the more I read about it.

I just have to watch it now! And to think I was going to skip this one, bah!

• Like 1