Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

Just now, That One Guy said:

The movie is so fucking terrible but you have no idea the level of comedy in this movie.  It's actually insane that people wrote this shit down on a script and thought it was passable.

I need a few others to confirm this but you are making me want to see it now dude. BAKED. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Who has a better track record with critics than my man Bay ?

uwe boll ?

Most of is movie didn't get review on RT, but when they did never got over 25%, never did he sold out with some good reviews from time to time:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/uwe_boll/

And he literally beat critics up:

http://www.cinemablend.com/pop/Uwe-Boll-Kicks-Crap-Out-Critics-1121.html

In video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swg4SshYx2E

And he mick dropped is exit like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT1J65KHX8E

Edited by Barnack

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

People were discussing the aspect ratios in here, I believe.

I'm sure this will only apply to IMAX screenings, but the aspect ratio was completely schizophrenic. There were numerous instances where it would change about 15 times in a minute, and I mean that literally.

Like Revenge of the Fallen huh.  Is there at least a lot of it?  Large format just gets me...I'd watch 50 Shades of Gray if it were shot like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

The movie is so fucking terrible but you have no idea the level of comedy in this movie.  It's actually insane that people wrote this shit down on a script and thought it was passable.

You mean they actually wrote down the script?

3 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Like Revenge of the Fallen huh.  Is there at least a lot of it?  Large format just gets me...I'd watch 50 Shades of Gray if it were shot like that.

There was a lot of it, but there's only a few scenes in the movies where it stays constant for more than a minute or two. Most of the time, it's constantly switching back and forth even during action scenes and (most baffling of all) during regular conversations. The aspect ratio would be at its largest on a close-up of Walberg, the film would then cut to Isabela Moner and be in a smaller ratio. And this would also happen in the opposite order; it was totally crazy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

There was a lot of it, but there's only a few scenes in the movies where it stays constant for more than a minute or two. Most of the time, it's constantly switching back and forth even during action scenes and (most baffling of all) during regular conversations. The aspect ratio would be at its largest on a close-up of Walberg, the film would then cut to Isabela Moner and be in a smaller ratio. And this would also happen in the opposite order; it was totally crazy.

Well, that is disappointing.  That format looks amazing...you do that for SCENES...or like God King Nolan, for a whole movie (that's still happening for Dunkirk right?).

But I suppose, I'll take what I can get.  You're supposed to build to that, not just randomly cut to it.  But, hey it's Bay.

Edited by kowhite

1 hour ago, kowhite said:

Well, that is disappointing.  That format looks amazing...you do that for SCENES...or like God King Nolan, for a whole movie (that's still happening for Dunkirk right?).

70-75% of Dunkirk is 65mm IMAX footage. Rest of it is traditional 65mm in scope ratio.