Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I replied pages ago about the film.  And i do have a review up in the RTM section.

The plot is not complicated at all.  There's just a lot going on in a lot of different parts of the world.  I mean, without spoilers, what do the Transformers always defend against?  Well, they are doing the same thing here.  The Merlin stuff is explained well.  Hopkins is like Michael Biehn from Terminator, he is responsible for exposition.  

For the first time, well maybe second, I understand what people are griping about...in parts.  I found the first 45 minutes to be tedious.  But as I have said, there is a tone shift after that point and then it is Bay being really, really good, imo.  

But people are going to hate because that's what they do. 

This is Bay's most unrestrained Transformers. Just riffs on the birth canals of his imagination. Clunks along at times but, at other times and for a long time, it's fucking incredible, dreamscape stuff.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I have already forgotten that match.:D

I didn't even watch it completely. Horrible experience. Now I know what pakistan must have felt last 13 times.

Not following news cycle currently. Kumble quit, huh? Well not that it gonna change much. We are a good team, any coach will work.

No need to rub it in. :angry:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, baumer said:

I replied pages ago about the film.  And i do have a review up in the RTM section.

The plot is not complicated at all.  There's just a lot going on in a lot of different parts of the world.  I mean, without spoilers, what do the Transformers always defend against?  Well, they are doing the same thing here.  The Merlin stuff is explained well.  Hopkins is like Michael Biehn from Terminator, he is responsible for exposition.  

For the first time, well maybe second, I understand what people are griping about...in parts.  I found the first 45 minutes to be tedious.  But as I have said, there is a tone shift after that point and then it is Bay being really, really good, imo.  

Thanks!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, baumer said:

yeah pretty much this, except I didn't have a problem with the first 45 minutes.  Yeah not saying this is some great movie, but even my friend though it was pretty good and she is not really a fan of the movies.

Again, not some masterpiece, but I have enough fun and entertainment out of it which is what matters

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Is is true that

Hide contents

the freakin' Paramount logo ends in an explosion

I've seen two reviews bring it up but I need confirmation.

Double Toasted said it happens, so I'd believe them :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, cookie said:

That's where I first heard it (along with Brad Jones) but I need confirmation from members here.

I just saw it on YouTube. Several large flaming projectiles fly over the Logo. 

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

Michael Bay is one of the best directors working today.

Is an interesting case (I really loved is Pain&Gain and is ability to make that movie in the can at that price point is certainly impressive), he seem to be a special genius.

Would be curious to see the result of him being the director of photography of someone else movie.

• Like 1

I can't believe i'm about to defend Bay, but it's not his fault the script sucks. The Transformers movies needed a coherent writer.

He directs the shit out of his movies. But he has nothing to work with

Edited by Alli

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

I can't believe i'm about to defend Bay, but it's not his fault the script sucks. The Transformers movies needed a coherent writer.

He directs the shit out of his movies. But he has nothing to work with

Nah, whatever you think of his movies can be attributed directly to him. He likes his loud, boilerplate dialogue and the script isn't going to change that

A friend and I are seeing this Friday night at 7. 

I've seen them all in the theater and he's only seen 1&2. TF:RotF put him off so bad he didn't bother with the last two despite DotM being mostly decent I couldn't get him to watch it....ever. However, after our horrid crowd experience at Wonder Woman we got free passes and he's fine to use his pass on TF#5, otherwise I'd be going solo. 

Edited by Captain Craig