Noctis

Catching Fire VS The Dark Knight Rises

Catching Fire VS The Dark Knight Rises  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Catching Fire VS The Dark Knight Rises

• Catching Fire
    • The Dark Knight Rises

biased much? you don't like Nolan, therefore, IMDB ratings are not trustworthy cause Nolan films are praised (deservedly so) over there :rolleyes:. Typical hater bs.

Not biased, Nolanites are all over imdb, plus the user ratings on that site are very fanboy-centric and much less on what actual audiences think, the best (and still flawed) ways to see audience opinion is Flixter or Twitter.I'm not arguing the higher rating on RT or Metacritic but I do realize that Imdb ratings are fairly pointless. Just look at the top 200 on imdb and you'll see fanboy based movies rank higher (many of them I'm a personal fan of), It's also not uncommon knowledge that many people do spam rate imdb ratings with 1 or 10s just to try and effect the score of a film on imdb.I gave TDKR a positive review, I'm not biased against it, but imdb is a skewed system.
  • Like 1

Not biased, Nolanites are all over imdb, plus the user ratings on that site are very fanboy-centric and much less on what actual audiences think, the best (and still flawed) ways to see audience opinion is Flixter or Twitter.I'm not arguing the higher rating on RT or Metacritic but I do realize that Imdb ratings are fairly pointless. Just look at the top 200 on imdb and you'll see fanboy based movies rank higher (many of them I'm a personal fan of), It's also not uncommon knowledge that many people do spam rate imdb ratings with 1 or 10s just to try and effect the score of a film on imdb.I gave TDKR a positive review, I'm not biased against it, but imdb is a skewed system.

did you know that IMDB is the 48th most visited site in the world, look Flixter position

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/flixster.com

it's laughable

did you know that IMDB is the 48th most visited site in the world, look Flixter positionhttp://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/flixster.comit's laughable

Flixter's also Rotten Tomatoes, also most people who visit the site don't have an account and rate constantly they go to check up movie facts. Imdb is a very flawed look at audience opinion because of the fact I mentioned above (the majority of those who rate movies just give a 1 or 10 and films with fanboy centric audiences get boosts (or are dramatically hurt if it gets fanboy hat)). Stating imdb is 48th most visited doesn't change the fact it's fanboy centered.
  • Like 1

I knew it! He WAS being a perv with that comment!

Oh cum on now! Would I really be a pervert?? Oh fine, you got me. I am nicely sprung. You were right, that was sexual innuendo. But can you blame me for wanting to get in-ur-end-o?

Posted Image

Edited by Spottswoode
  • Like 2

Flixter's also Rotten Tomatoes, also most people who visit the site don't have an account and rate constantly they go to check up movie facts. Imdb is a very flawed look at audience opinion because of the fact I mentioned above (the majority of those who rate movies just give a 1 or 10 and films with fanboy centric audiences get boosts (or are dramatically hurt if it gets fanboy hat)).Stating imdb is 48th most visited doesn't change the fact it's fanboy centered.

IMDB certainly has its biases and the batman movies fit nicely in it's biases (i.e. 16-35 odd guys are going to on average appreciate a film like TDKR over a film like CF) But the fact that a majority of people either vote a film a 1 or a 10 doesn't really change anything because it holds true for all films, not just 'fanboy' centric films. While some people may appreciate a more nuanced rating view, it seems that most people are just happy to use 1 for not like and 10 for like or a binary view of rating. And while fanboys may hop on or or off a particular bandwagon, when we are talking about 700k in votes, i can't imagine it would have a massive affect overall.

• Like 1