ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

The intermission seems annoying. Taking those 12 minutes out it doesn't even hit 3 hours, so I really don't think it was necessary. I don't think modern audiences will even know what the hell to do with an intermission. Probably those that don't like the first half will just leave. :lol:

Some more reactions for those who are interested.

david ehrlich ‏@davidehrlich 18m18 minutes ago 
THE HATEFUL EIGHT is like The Thing took the form of an early John Ford movie & holy hell is it great. Sam L. Jackson = a national treasure. 

ErikDavis ‏@ErikDavis 30m30 minutes ago 
THE HATEFUL EIGHT is dark, bloody and diabolically funny. If you thought the Crazy 88s were crazy, they got nothing on these eight. So great 

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan 35m35 minutes ago 
THE HATEFUL EIGHT is one of those movies that's really great on first viewing, and will be about a thousand times better the second time. 

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan 12m12 minutes ago 
Jennifer Jason Leigh is absolute dynamite in THE HATEFUL EIGHT. And Walton Goggins *almost* steals the show from Samuel L. Jackson. Almost 

Jordan Hoffman ‏@jhoffman 6m6 minutes ago 
My HATEFUL Take: I freakin' love this movie. Agatha Christie's DEATH PROOF in the Old West. I wish it were an hour longer. 

Ed Gonzalez ‏@certified_ed · 13h13 hours ago 
THE HATEFUL EIGHT suggests what it might be like if QT directed an Arthur Miller homage to Agatha Christie. I had lots of fun with it. 

Brett ______ ‏@BrettRedacted 1h1 hour ago Manhattan, NY 
don't think I'm supposed to talk about it but two stray observations: Ennio Morricone is the real star, and Goggins steals the show 

Brett ______ ‏@BrettRedacted 1h1 hour ago Manhattan, NY 
Didn't love it, didn't hate it, thought it was infinitely more fun than DJANGO, but it's so indulgently Tarantino that it borders on parody 

Miriam Bale ‏@mimbale 1h1 hour ago 
I walked out of the Tarantino, so I have to postpone having an Opinion 

Miriam Bale ‏@mimbale 1h1 hour ago 
I will say Walton Goggins gave a performance that reminded me, at times, of a southern Derek Zoolander. 

Bilge Ebiri ‏@BilgeEbiri 2h2 hours ago 
Well, that's the darkest *beep* movie Tarantino's ever made. 

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, Telemachos said:
AkUhenPRHEqAAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC _Ash_Clark
I can't say much about Tarantino's latest offering, but never has a film made me desire a long, cleansing shower quite as much.
12/1/15, 6:50 PM

AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC BilgeEbiri
Btw, I went with this tweet instead of, "Tarantino can die now, he's made his SALO."
12/1/15, 7:17 PM

:unsure: 

Good. Strong emotions are desired.

QT's always been an indulgent director by nature so that doesn't really tell us much, but I've no idea what to think about that Salo comparison. I think the film being in largely one setting plays to Tarantino's strengths more than the sweeping revisionism of his last two offerings.

• Like 3