lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

Noctis seems did Iron Man 3 tackle exactly? Was it the age old question about whether or not a man can caych fire? What is the age old question about stand up comedians playing terrorists? What themes?

The general populace's perception of terrorists? It's not exactly subtle.

Noctis seems did Iron Man 3 tackle exactly? Was it the age old question about whether or not a man can caych fire? What is the age old question about stand up comedians playing terrorists? What themes?

I personally like IM3 which is a huge improvement from mediocre IM2. RDJ is great(unlike IM2) and I liked the lethal weaponish buddy comedy style that Shane Black added in. But it does not hold well in repeated viewings. But IM3 >>>>> Thor 2 and critics/audience also hold that opinion.

Still CF has much better reception than any other blockbuster this year and so I am glad its winning the year.

Yet to watch the wolverine but this year was a disappointment for me in SH department.  Hate to admit (despise IM as a character and do not like RDJ) but IM3 was the lesser evil- at least it had it`s own style - TDW was as bland and generic as SH movie could be and MOS attempted to repeat TDK magic but failed. All three was "meh" for me but IM3 stand out as less "meh" than other two.

Some of the records that are going down.

1.) Biggest 5-day and 3-day aggregateThanksgiving

2.) Biggest 5-day and 3-day Thankgiving weekend (Both CF and Frozen will beat that handily).

3.) CF will beat TA's highest 2nd Friday. (31.5M vs. 29M+)

4.) Frozen breaking Thanksgiving weekend OW record 3 and 5-day.

5.) Highest movie to not reach number 1 (Frozen). 

6.) Could break 300M over the 5-day?

7.) Highest 2nd weekend by 2D movie, Surpassing TDK's 75M+.

8.) Frozen could become the first original CGI to pass 300M since FN!!!

9.) CF is looking at the best drop for over 120M+ openers, need 78.7M. 

10.) First weekend with 2 movies breaking 70M, CF is lock while Frozen is looking at 68-72M weekend.

11.) Most important one, CF increasing from a sequel to 400M grosser!!!!!!!!! 

What an amazing weekend we're having. Words can't describe the awe I'm in, breath-takingly awesome.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

• Like 7

Iron Man 3 was the best comic book film since the Avengers, even though that's not saying much (The Avengers was great but all of the comic book movies afterwards were lackluster, Iron Man 3 got a 7.5/10 from me and Thor 2 a 7/10, Man of Steel 2/10, TDKR 6.5/10, The Wolverine 5.5/10, TASM 7/10, Kick-Ass 2 4.5/10)