lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

Where does Rth get his numbers, where does he work? And I'm not saying this because I question him because his numbers are like 99.8% right unlike other clowns like Nikki. Just curious.

He is one of the reigning Film Gods. In particular he is the Box Office God.

• Like 1

I think Hobbit 2 could be 4th regardless after Gravity, especially if it gets a good Oscar bump.

They'll be neck-and-neck for sure. But I'm getting the inkling suspicion that Anchorman is going to have a Hangover 2-sized run. Feels like a perfect storm kind of box office performance. 

• Like 1

Where does Rth get his numbers, where does he work? And I'm not saying this because I question him because his numbers are like 99.8% right unlike other clowns like Nikki. Just curious.

For once I doubted Rth and trusted Nikki and Deadline. I will never ever do it again.

The 27-29M Friday looks to translates to around 67-73M 3-day for Frozen. Never imagined these numbers were even possible! The power of Olaf and word of mouth!

• Like 1

He has said previously that, he has raw data and just extrapolates from there. It's very time consuming which is why we're all thankful of Rth.  :)

Edited by druv10
  • Like 5

So around $74-75 million weekend + 35-36 million wed/thu numbers. Catching Fire will be at around $295-296 million exactly where it needs to be to reach 400 million after the first 10 days.

+35% over DH1 after first 10 days.

DH1 made $76 million rest of the way.

76 * 1.35 = 102.6

This comes out to be around $399 million so it will be right on track for 400 million.

Bay Area as of 1028pm

Catching Fire: 38 sellouts

Frozen: 47 sellouts

CF made huge gains from evening sellouts while also having shit ton more showtimes than Frozen.

Really thinking that both can hit the high end of RTH range.

Edited by Moviefanatic
  • Like 4