Punishment

Weekend Actuals 11/29-12/1 CF $74.2m Frz $67.4m

Honestly, based purely on anecdotal evidence, I really think Frozen will hit 300M. It's got great WOM and pretty much every teen/young adult has seen CF already if they wanted to, and it can easily co-exist with Hobbit 2

Go big or let it go.

• Like 1

Honestly, based purely on anecdotal evidence, I really think Frozen will hit 300M. It's got great WOM and pretty much every teen/young adult has seen CF already if they wanted to, and it can easily co-exist with Hobbit 2Go big or let it go.

This and A+ cinemascore which still means a little I suppose.
  • Like 1

Yay CF and Frozen!Nice hold for Gravity! Glad CP crossed 100M last week before the juggernauts came in.

I thought Bad Grandpa will cross 100M already but it's already close to it so it will get there eventually

Turbo is still in theaters! It crossed 83M now. What a big disappointment domestically for Dreamworks but the overseas kept it from being a major money loser. Ditto Percy Jackson 2.The Heat is still in theaters haha! Too bad it's not going to reach 160M but it's sooo close

Planes is still there as well, 90M is really good performance and definitely good decision financially speaking to upgrade it from direct-to-video to theatrical release

I guess The Smurfs 2 is already out of the theaters, can't see it in Mojo's list

76 76 The Fifth Estate BV $698 -78.0% 6 -10 $116 $3,254,172 $28

Gone next week?

At maligayang kaarawan kayu!

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

Both The Counselor and Runner Runner will struggle to get to $20M! Considering star power and wide releases, really disappointing

Ditto Oldboy but at least the distributor just had it on limited release, less embarrassing than going wide and flop hard like Fifth Estate

After next Sunday CF should be around 345 million.

In Comparison after 3 weekends:

TA: 457 million

TDK:: 393 million

TDKR: 353 million 

DMC: 321 million 

THG: 302 million

Now the thing is I think the best comparison for CF as of this moment is GOF which seems small compared to CF but actually was a massive film adjusting to 364 million today and released in 2005 and had a 50% drop at Thanksgiving weekend.

GOF had a 2.9 Multiplier so it had great legs compared to films of today. 

GOF made 69% of its gross by the end of 10 days so using that with CF you have 428 million. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Honestly, based purely on anecdotal evidence, I really think Frozen will hit 300M. It's got great WOM and pretty much every teen/young adult has seen CF already if they wanted to, and it can easily co-exist with Hobbit 2

Go big or let it go.

It's definitely in the realm of possibilities. I think it can do it, assuming it doesn't lose a ton of theaters around Christmas with that ridiculous number of new releases.

It's definitely in the realm of possibilities. I think it can do it, assuming it doesn't lose a ton of theaters around Christmas with that ridiculous number of new releases.

I see it playing in theaters until LEGO Movie honestly. Nothing's coming out for children until then (except for The Nut Flop and Flopping with Dinos)

Meltdown monday

ok so for a brief moment I could be bothered, very rough  CF about 3.3-3.8m, FRZ 2.4-2.8m

see later tonight how it looks

I assume you'll be hanging around enjoying the fun then  :P