CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

She's good in Shameless. And also naked in it a lot (not that I care about such things :ph34r: )

Goku's in it too.

I haven't watched it since the first season. One of these days I'll catch up on it...

I'd probably like it more if this lead guy wasn't so aggravating. The supporting cast is super fun

Really? I thought the guy was good. I liked how he was more like a normal guy rather than brooding and mysterious. 

The lead chick on the other hand was kinda wooden.

That's an 80% PTA drop for Inside Llewyn Davis. High-profile platform releases are becoming their own kind of summer blockbusters, nearly destroying each other's legs when released closely. This is the first time ever with live-action $100k PTA earners getting released two weekends in a row

• Like 1

It was also "supposed" to hit $420-430m after dat OW.

Frankly it was always assumed a over performance on opening weekend means the film will get a bigger total. 

However IM3 and MOS showed us, it just means the film were marketed well and everyone just showed up opening weekend. 

Which one?

The one where he uses the letter V over and over or the one after he hijacks the news network?

Both are impressive but it would take a genius to remember the "v" letter one.

The speech made mostly out of words starting with V

Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

Totally badass
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Saving Mr. Banks didn't do so hot yesterday. I'm guessing that it was a mix of the poor performance at the Golden Globes (Only Thompson got nominated) and competition from American Hustle eating up the art crowds in NY/LA.

Considering it's target audience sounds to be much more mainstream than the arthouse, I actually think it's doing pretty well. Definitely a harder one to call though. I'm still not completely sold on the idea of more than $80-90m.

• Like 1