kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals (12.13 - 12.15) 73.7 M TH: TDOS

I've always wondered, are these theater breakdowns only available to insiders?  I think you mentioned a few years ago that Variety publishes them, but I never found the top 10 theater figures anywhere online outside of your posts.  Is there any public access to that data?  I'd love to archive it

Only insiders, the top 12 engagements use to be published in Tuesdays Daily Variety printed edition (DV printed/digital version no longer existed ceased about March this year after 80 years  (THR ended daily edition back in 2010) theres only weekly & specials printed now.

When the Daily printed edition of Variety existed not every article(its the same with existing Weekly edition) is available as free online , some articles are not availalbe at all other maybe a section but the full is in printed edition. so even if your a paid subscriber to the site you may have to go look at the digital version of printed edition to get other articles or ones that are only part published on website.

I've kept listed stuff most weeks on here but seeing its not published anymore thought about not doing it but hasn't happened yet it could eventually come down to not listing or without grosses (as is #13+) or stay as is.

Edited by Rth
  • Like 10

Only insiders, the top 12 engagements use to be published in Tuesdays Daily Variety printed edition (DV printed/digital version no longer existed ceased about March this year after 80 years  (THR ended daily edition back in 2010) theres only weekly & specials printed now.

When the Daily printed edition of Variety existed not every article(its the same with existing Weekly edition) is available as free online , some articles are not availalbe at all other maybe a section but the full is in printed edition. so even if your a paid subscriber to the site you may have to go look at the digital version of printed edition to get other articles or ones that are only part published on website.

I've kept listed stuff most weeks on here but seeing its not published anymore thought about not doing it but hasn't happened yet it could eventually come down to not listing or without grosses (as is #13+) or stay as is.

Cool.  Thanks Rth!  

Unfortunate that availability is limited, but thankfully we've got you.  I'll try to keep record of what data we do have.

Heh heh I think all of america will come around too Leyla and OS.. This one was really the best movie experience

along with Man of Steel that I had all year :). .Just Wow on DOS!!

This movie will clean up overseas.  That's never been in question.

• Like 1

DOS numbers if it performs like AUJ:

Monday- 7.065 (-60.8%)

Tuesday- 7.171 (+1.5%)

Wednesday- 5.773 (-19.5%)

Thursday- 6.033 (+4.5%)

Friday- 9.194 (+52.4%) (-70.52% from last Friday)

Saturday- 12.917 (+40.5%) (-47.13% from last Saturday)

Sunday- 11.535 (-10.7%) (-36% from last Sunday)

Weekend: 33.646 (-54.31%)

So it would end up dropping 2 percentage points better over the weekend than AUJ (-56.4%) if it matches AUJ's drops for the next week. But I think it'll hold better because it has been generally better received.

DOS numbers if it performs like AUJ:

Monday- 7.065 (-60.8%)

Tuesday- 7.171 (+1.5%)

Wednesday- 5.773 (-19.5%)

Thursday- 6.033 (+4.5%)

Friday- 9.194 (+52.4%) (-70.52% from last Friday)

Saturday- 12.917 (+40.5%) (-47.13% from last Saturday)

Sunday- 11.535 (-10.7%) (-36% from last Sunday)

Weekend: 33.646 (-54.31%)

So it would end up dropping 2 percentage points better over the weekend than AUJ (-56.4%) if it matches AUJ's drops for the next week. But I think it'll hold better because it has been generally better received.

My one concern is that Anchorman 2 and American Hustle, particularly the former, could eat into the DOS's grosses. This Is 40 and Jack Reacher were much smaller threats. 

• Like 1

I think he was referring more to the idea of the kaiju black market being a semi-realistic response to what would happen if Kaiju actually attacked, and most similar movies (be it superhero or alien invasion) ignore stuff like that

Avengers addresses this in their Item 47 Short with the Chituri weapon. 

Agents of SHIELD addresses it by having the team scouring the London University to gather up all Asgardian leftovers after events of TDW.

I get it that your larger point stands, it's an exception. Will BvS address the mass destruction of MOS??