Films

Wicked: Part 1 | Thanksgiving 2024 | Jon M Chu to direct | Ariana Grande is Galinda. Cynthia Erivo is Elphaba

2 minutes ago, Eric Creed said:

I do like how Michelle Yeoh-focused the ad is though. Happy for her.

That is very good. But can she sing?

14 minutes ago, Morieris said:

By her own admission a bit after she was cast:

no.

Then why was she cast? Lea Salonga is right there. 

14 minutes ago, Cap said:

Then why was she cast? Lea Salonga is right there. 

I've never finished the book or seen the play, my guess is they're cutting her songs or just tolerating a few lines.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Why wouldn't they? If this is a "Part One," the wind will be out of the sails immediately after the first reviews come out.

But you see they don't have a "Part One" in the title. Also, we don't know what the reviews will be like just like with MOANA II, which in my opinion is more of a desperate move from Disney.

5 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I've never finished the book or seen the play, my guess is they're cutting her songs or just tolerating a few lines.

Madame Morrible doesn't have that many sung lines in the play (I would estimate maybe 30-40 seconds each in two separate songs). The few sung lines she has are not challenging to sing either. I think Michelle Yeoh will be able to manage even without a musical background. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

But you see they don't have a "Part One" in the title. Also, we don't know what the reviews will be like just like with MOANA II, which in my opinion is more of a desperate move from Disney.

Right, which means the eventual reveal it's a "Part One," if it's a part one, will be a major disappointment. If it's a full movie, all bets are off.

1 minute ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Right, which means the eventual reveal it's a "Part One," if it's a part one, will be a major disappointment. If it's a full movie, all bets are off.

Why would it be a disappointment? Like we haven't seen much of it.