Godzilla

How to Train Your Dragon 2 OS (418 mil OS!!!)

There are a lot of countries where the movies isn't out yet, France, UK, germany, spain, china, korea, belgium, italy, netherland, hong kong, denmark, sweden,estonia, finland, lithuania , norway, new  zealand etc

Is it too early to estimate what the final OS gross might be? Or are there too many markets where it has yet to open? But I guess predictions in the $500-600M range are definitely gone, right?

Very sad, I have high hopes for this movie

Those countries you mentioned: they are the major markets. Remain to be seen if the movie will have a second wind...

For the first film, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden and Norway were all bigger than NZ. France was bigger than Germany, Italy and Spain. I still think next week is an important week.

Not trying to spin this, make of it what you will, but according to Deadline it turns out that the OS grosses came in at a total of $2M above estimates. For example, Brazil's weekend total is actually $2.7M, not the $2.0-2.2 reported earlier.And as to a September release in China - any date where it has an open market and won't get curb-stomped by TF4 is good in my book.

Edited by TServo2049

Yeah, I'm noticing that sometimes the weekend OS numbers reported by BO, BOM and Deadline are all different. I think BOM has HTTYD2's OS cumulative at $106.1m, BO.com had it at $107.9, Deadline has it (revised up) to $109.3. WTF?

Edited by TServo2049

Not just totals, but weekend grosses from individual countries as well.  Three different second weekend numbers were reported for Dragon 2 in Brazil for instance ($2.0m, $2.7m, and $2.9m).  Umm?  There's many other non-Dragon 2 cases like this over the past month or so, too.