lilmac

Tuesday numbers (12/24) - DOS - 5.25, FRZ - 4.78, AH - 2.9, AM2 - 2.8, SMB - 1.92

Well TLR had tons of sellouts here-but that was a different case.

47 Ronin is kind of odd really.

(I still remember when I saw NATM I noticed Good Shepherd had a sold out showing-I went "People must of thought it was a Christmas film")

Again, you didn't answer the question why do you only want 1 or 2 SH movies in a year at most? SH is a genre so 4 to 5 movies year isn't a lot when you consider we get 600 movies in a year.  ;)  :P

Because half of the blockbuster spots are taken up by superhero movies. Lame. I want more variety. 

• Like 1

Posted Image
It's true, all Smaug is

is a bunch of Orc sequences, an out of place movie stealing scene with Bilbo and Smaug (because the plot actually advanced here) and an over-the-top idiotic fight with Smaug.

Edited by Telemachos

I try to look at cliffhangers from an actual creative standpoint. The only reason people tend to not like them is because now they have to wait to see what happens next. While I understand the reasoning I think that's a stupid way to look at an ending.

CF's ending was great because it followed the book well and managed to pump people up for the second installment.

DOS's ending was really intense and those last few moments were a high point in terms of excitement so I can understand more why the cliffhanger wasn't as well received. It was kind of like the intensity kept soaring until it was at it's highest then it just dropped and ended. However I do kinda see how it would have been difficult to do differently since it would have essentially tied up most of the main story and left the audience who hadn't read the books wondering how they were going to fill an entire final movie with a couple sub-plots nobody had really noticed.

• Like 1

I am back :D No numbers yet? Damn.

The Adventures of Tintin debuted today. A whole lot of fun for the whole family. Shame we will never see a sequel.

Peter Jackson still stated his intention to make a sequel. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

• Like 4