iceroll

December 26 (Boxing Day) Numbers || Hobbit 10.5m, Frozen 9.1m, AH 6.35m, Banks 4.7m, 47R 3.7m

Went to DOS again today. Audience was predominantly families with children 13 (my guess) and under. The kids were very engaged; some of the comments I heard were very reminiscent to what I heard during TTT in '02 (bigger action sequences than previous film, Legolas being Legolas, big creature reveal--Gollum/Smaug).

Parents seemed divided on the film (there looked to be many grandparents in the room, too--that explains the snoring I heard at one point, lol).

Oh, and two kids behind me kept whispering that "Smeagol is coming back. I know it, it's him. He's gonna try to scare us soon!" :)

Edited by Beleg Strongbow
  • Like 1

Went to DOS again today. Audience was predominantly families with children 13 (my guess) and under. The kids were very engaged; some of the comments I heard were very reminiscent to what I heard during TTT in '02 (bigger action sequences than previous film, Legolas being Legolas, big creature reveal--Gollum/Smaug).

Oh, and two kids behind me kept whispering that "Smeagol is coming back. I know it, it's him. He's gonna try to scare us soon!" :)

interesting. Both times I went everyone looked over 30

interesting. Both times I went everyone looked over 30

I should add that it was a 3:30 matinee (supposed to be HFR, but the theater had issues and we ended up seeing it in 2D) that was the first showing of the day in that format.

The other two times I went, though, I saw the same as you around me.

Edited by Beleg Strongbow