iceroll

December 26 (Boxing Day) Numbers || Hobbit 10.5m, Frozen 9.1m, AH 6.35m, Banks 4.7m, 47R 3.7m

Irrelevant films like Grudge Match?

Grudge Match is not irrelevant at all.

Madea Christmas, Grudge Match and WWD were within 100k of each other on Thursday and finished #10, #11 and #12.

Who will be in top 10 this weekend? That's the million thousand dollar question. Made more interesting by, yes, Grudge Match.

It's soooooooo good. Leo completely immerses into that character. With alot of other "celebrity" actors (you know, Clooney types), it's not easy to forget who they are, but Leo completely becomes his characters every time. It's a real gift, and about damn time he gets recognized for it.

Same with Jonah Hill. It's remarkable how he's grown as an actor. In one year he's been in a movie getting raped by a demon and another might get him his second Oscar nom.

Saw wolf and I was just going to go with friends and I made the mistake of letting a couple family members go with me, especially a few older ones.Me and my friends (and my brother in law) liked it, my other family, not so much.The movie is very divisive, literally about half of my theater walked out and about half enjoyed it and laughed a whole lot. This shouldn't have been a Christmas release though, that's why it's getting some mixed word of mouth.The sex and drugs could get excessive, even when you already got the point, but it was honest. I also don't think any of the hate is about the quality but what the quality shows, the point of the movie is to make you disgusted at some of the stuff that went on (and laugh at the same time at the absurdity) and while the movie delivered the point most of the audience is taking the disgust feelings you are supposed to feel about the debauchery and putting the blame on the movie. Plus, walking out before anything but the vulgar parts have played doesn't help either.I really don't see how this is going to play overly well with the general audience, it definitely has it's crowd in younger college audiences who are much more forgiving to vulgarity, but it's going to lose a lot of the older audience, especially in conservative areas where you can't even say the word sex without getting a glare from an older church-goer.

Wolf of Wall Street was fuckin phenomenal. Unfortunately my showing wasn't very crowded. I was surprised because the theater only had two evening shows, and the first was at 630. Thought it would be full.

Same with mine, although it was disheartening to see so many walk outs (and they were walk ours, they made their leaves slow, long, and noticeable with coat in hand and all), although all of the walkouts were older looking folk so I'm not surprised. I was just annoyed that here were a few people who made their effort to walk around the theater in front of people and then down the isle so they could slowly walk in front of the screen so everybody knew they were walking out.