filmnerdjamie

Daily Box-Office (12/31/2013) | FRZ 7.3, DOS 5.6, AH 4.6, SMB 4.1, SLWK 3.5, WOWS 3.4, AM2 3.2 (Rth)

Getting hooked on the Investigation Discovery channel for its awful almost soapy murder shows. I watch an episode or two of Deadly Women, which is every bit as bad and hilarious as it sounds and come back to find Dexter have given me 155 likes (and counting?).

I know you mentioned you would do this in the Fantasy Football thread, but uh, I wasn't holding you to that one!

Edited by MrPink

Today will be the first time since the start of Pixar that the WDA release outgrosses the Pixar release of the year. (not counting the years Pixar didn't have a release)

Edited by Mango
  • Like 2

Getting hooked on the Investigation Discovery channel for its awful almost soapy murder shows. I watch an episode or two of Deadly Women, which is every bit as bad and hilarious as it sounds and come back to find Dexter have given me 155 likes (and counting?).

I know you mentioned you would do this in the Fantasy Football thread, but uh, I wasn't holding you to that one!

Thanks to him, you're almost to 1 to 1 like to post ratio.  ;)

so i have a question again.

Why is the budget here on BOF and BOM are different?

http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/movies/walking-with-dinosaurs-2012

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=walkingwithdinosaurs.htm

here it is called "total budget" and are always bigger numbers than BOM's "prod budget"?

Marketing is included in the total budget. 

That is what I thought at first but when I saw Lone Ranger's combined prod+market at 300+(even as high as 375) but BOF had it at 290?

It is, Shawn said total budget includes Marketing + Production. Only thing is I'm not sure how they count marketing, If the studio gives them an estimate or they do it themselves.

It is, Shawn said total budget includes Marketing + Production. Only thing is I'm not sure how they count marketing, If the studio gives them an estimate or they do it themselves.

Ok then, its just that it cost 200m to produce. And given its extensive marketing, it should do >100m marketing as other tenpole films. BOF had it at 290 which would suggest its marketing was only at 75-80m 

Well I'll take  anyway 

edit: i just saw Tangled total budget at 320m  :blink:

Edited by tonicjr

so i have a question again.

Why is the budget here on BOF and BOM are different?

http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/movies/walking-with-dinosaurs-2012

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=walkingwithdinosaurs.htm

here it is called "total budget" and are always bigger numbers than BOM's "prod budget"?

Don't even get me started with WWD. It is definitely the most disappointing film of 2013 imo. I was hoping for an epic documentary but instead for a stupid and cheesy dinosaur flick. I will never forgive Fox. 

• Like 3

Ok then, its just that it cost 200m to produce. And given its extensive marketing, it should do >100m marketing as other tenpole films. BOF had it at 290 which would suggest its marketing was only at 75-80m 

Well I'll take  anyway 

edit: i just saw Tangled total budget at 320m  :blink:

Yeah, Tangled was super expensive. IIRC, the production budget's about 260M They did a lot of work figuring out the hair rendering. Plus, it had a very long development process (was originally going to be 2D, etc.) I'd guess that some of the cost was technology development, similar to how Tarzan's ~180M budget was partially for developing the Deep Canvas technology. Frozen was quite a bit lower than Tangled, possibly due to being able to piggy-back on those developments.