filmnerdjamie

Daily Box-Office (12/31/2013) | FRZ 7.3, DOS 5.6, AH 4.6, SMB 4.1, SLWK 3.5, WOWS 3.4, AM2 3.2 (Rth)

With those numbers Frozen could be over 300m by the end of the weekend!

Sunday is looking very likely the day it hits 300M. It should make another 16-17M over the next 2 days so another 20-21M for 300M over the weekend, very doable.  :D

• Like 1

The adjustment is really the only major flaw, but I love looking at the past weekends.

That flaw is royally screwing adjusted grosses. I'm not even sure why Ray's doing this unless he's going to do it for every year. 

Okay the adjusted grosses make no sense right now-since films from 2013 have lower grosses then there actual gross somehow. (And somehow the 2014 adjusted price is much lower then the 2013/2012)

Anyway have a happy new year!

Did ticket prices go down?

Sunday is looking very likely the day it hits 300M. It should make another 16-17M over the next 2 days so another 20-21M for 300M over the weekend, very doable.  :D

That would mean it has a very legitimate chance at taking down Despicable Me 2 

Did ticket prices go down?

How would prices go down for 2014, we haven't even had a day in 2014. It's just a screw up by BOM most likely which they're known for.  :ph34r:

Edit: Just went to BOM, they dropped the prices from 2013-2014. 8.05 to 7.84, why in the hell did they do that I don't know since we don't have data from 1 day much less making concrete assessment like dropping prices 21 cent per ticket. Pretty idiotic in my book. They should keep the base price from 2013 (8.05) and increase/decrease from there. Drop makes no sense.  

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

That is really annoying. The Hunger Games would be at 404M as of Monday with the 2013 inflation. 

Why would THG drop from 408M+ it made in 2012 especially since prices increased from 2012 to 2013? Ray needs cut this crap out and just go with yearly prices because quarterly is screwing the adjusted prices. 

• Like 1

Yep that's a problem there-I'm pretty sure IM3 is the biggest adjusted of 2013 :lol:

(Technically then Armageddon should be the biggest of 1998, Lion King the biggest of 1994 as they both were the biggest by the end of those years)

I don't know about that, since IM3 was released in 3D and CF was not.

• Like 1