filmnerdjamie

Daily Box-Office (12/31/2013) | FRZ 7.3, DOS 5.6, AH 4.6, SMB 4.1, SLWK 3.5, WOWS 3.4, AM2 3.2 (Rth)

How you dealing with the Schumacher situation bro?

I was pretty worried for a long while as the last couple of times the term "critical condition" was used about racers was Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli who both died later. Thankfully he seems to at least be fighting just like he always has, but we aren't out of the woods yet.
  • Like 1

RIP to James Avery, aka Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, he was 65 and passed away in an LA hospital last night from complications. He was undoubtedly one of the best TV dads of all time.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 8

RIP to James Avery, aka Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, he was 65 and passed away in an LA hospital last night from complications. He was undoubtedly one of the best TV dads of all time.

Awww man :(R.I.P

Sad news. I loved that show, he felt like a real dad.  :(

I just noticed how close Gravity is to having a higher gross than Man of Steel World Wide and being Warner Bros highest grossing movie of 2013 and it's so frustrating.

COME ON OSCARS JUST GIVE GRAVITY A 10M BUMP!!

At least Gravity is their most profitable movie of 2013 due to half the budget, and less money spent on advertising.

• Like 3

I just noticed how close Gravity is to having a higher gross than Man of Steel World Wide and being Warner Bros highest grossing movie of 2013 and it's so frustrating.

COME ON OSCARS JUST GIVE GRAVITY A 10M BUMP!!

At least Gravity is their most profitable movie of 2013 due to half the budget, and less money spent on advertising.

Don't worry, it's still playing in Japan so it'll pass MOS WW. 

• Like 1

One thing Walter Mitty did brilliantly was  conveying the awkwardness of Ben Stiller's character. I haven't cringed as hard watching a movie in a long time as I did during the first 30 minutes which imo were the best section of the film.

As for the rest I really could have done with fewer snazzy indie pop montages.

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 3

One thing Walter Mitty did brilliantly was conveying the awkwardness of Ben Stiller's character. I haven't cringed as hard watching a movie in a long time as I did during the first 30 minutes which imo were the best section of the film.As for the rest I really could have done with fewer snazzy indie pop montages.

really I wasnt into the first part of the film much but got more into it as it went along.

Today, I'm just sitting in my living room watching the biggest selling hockey game in history.  The Leafs and Red Wings are at Ann Arbor today playing in front of 107,000 fans.  Should be fun.

That looks awesome with the snow.

One thing Walter Mitty did brilliantly was  conveying the awkwardness of Ben Stiller's character. I haven't cringed as hard watching a movie in a long time as I did during the first 30 minutes which imo were the best section of the film.

As for the rest I really could have done with fewer snazzy indie pop montages.

The awkwardness of Walter Mitty helps the film be realistic and down to earth. A lot of guys can relate to his awkwardness around the girl he likes.