LexJoker

Thursday #s (1/2) | FRZ 5.2, DOS 4, WOWS 2.7, AM2 2.6,AH 2.5(Rth)

Now MJ1 better not disappoint us at the BO. I want THG to follow in LOTR's footsteps as the second blockbuster franchise to increase in admissions with every movie.

Really don't see that happening but hey...this franchise so far has shown that it does its own thing.

• Founder / Operator

Now MJ1 better not disappoint us at the BO. I want THG to follow in LOTR's footsteps as the second blockbuster franchise to increase in admissions with every movie.

Not counting Bourne, I presume?

(Or Toy Story, although #3's admissions were too close to #2's to call.)

• Like 3

Eh, I can't see MJ1 doing that. At best, I could see MJ1 maybe surprising us all and continuing the 400M trend, but that's out there. It'll finish around 370-390M, which is still really good.

• Like 1

What i want to know is why did I just walk downstairs and find Batman and Robin playing on my TV? Who in my family has the audacity? The nerve? The betrayal? Aint nobody trying to see HD bat nipples man. But my mom just turned it off tho so she knows whats up.As for the JLaw gifs, I'm guessing CF passed $400M? Congrats! I admit I was wrong about decrease and CF deserves it more than IM3 as it was an amazing movie. Well, I must go prepare myself, the Lawsbians are coming.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

What i want to know is why did I just walk downstairs and find Batman and Robin playing on my TV? Who in my family has the audacity? The nerve? The betrayal? Aint nobody trying to see HD bat nipples man. But my mom just turned it off tho so she knows whats up.As for the JLaw gifs, I'm guessing CF passed $400M? Congrats! I admit I was wrong and CF deserves it more than IM3 as it was an amazing movie.Well, I must go prepare myself, the Lawsbians are coming.

Well, I mean most movies deserved more than IM3.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

I thought it beat it. Sigh. It should have demolished it. Fuck America.

Heh. I think some "adjusted" grosses charts show it as beating it, and it may have, but none of those charts take into account that TS3 had 3D prices helping it (TS2 didn't). The last time I bothered calculating a rough estimate a few years ago, I think I had TS3 2-3% behind TS2's actual ticket sales. That's a small enough margin for error to consider it a tie.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

Not counting Bourne, I presume?

(Or Toy Story, although #3's admissions were too close to #2's to call.)

I actually never even realized Bourne did it too (though not if you count Legacy). Still that wasn't the juggernaut of a franchise like LOTR or THG. And I thought we established a while ago that TS3 came up short in admissions from TS2? 3D was still pretty popular when it came out so it had a pretty good 3d share didn't it?

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

I'm sick of this "adjusted" talk. If a movie makes more money but less attendance these days, who cares?

In the end, studios care about the profit(money).

• Like 8

What i want to know is why did I just walk downstairs and find Batman and Robin playing on my TV? Who in my family has the audacity? The nerve? The betrayal? Aint nobody trying to see HD bat nipples man. But my mom just turned it off tho so she knows whats up.

As for the JLaw gifs, I'm guessing CF passed $400M? Congrats! I admit I was wrong about decrease and CF deserves it more than IM3 as it was an amazing movie.

Well, I must go prepare myself, the Lawsbians are coming.

Face it. Ironman 3 was destined to go down. It was inevitable.He had to be slayed especially for the shitty movie he was in. As for the Lawsbians, we've been pretty quiet for awhile so it was only a matter of time till we appeared....

This is the face of a true warrior entering battle!!!
Posted Image

:P
  • Like 1