Neo

War For The Planet Of The Apes | July 14, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 18

That was to me the best of all summer-movie trailers (Granted, we are yet to have quiet a few 'final trailers').

I think 70/2.5x/175 is the low-end (incidentally around RISE dom).

90/2.7x/245 looks like the high-end.

The middle, 80/2.6x/210, will take it to around DAWN dom.

DAWN did an amazing 500+ OS. The exchange rate arguments comes in again, between 2014 and now.

However, China showed an insane bump from RISE to DAWN : 31 to 107. Which means OS-China rose well too, from 274 to 395.

If it shows a much smaller bump %-wise and gets to 150 in China, it could do 475 OS even with a significant decrease in OS-China to 325 (from 395 of DAWN).

225 Dom and 475 OS for 700 WW would be great.

Apes look ace and they had a mega increase in China (from 30M Rise to 107M Dawn) so if War continues the trend it could increase OS and WW.

This is also the only prequel franchise where I don't care that I know how the story ends (Apes rule the Earth). In fact, watching all those humans trying to take the apes out and thinking "Losers!" just adds to the experience. :D

• Like 2

Glad the trailer is finally out at least. Marketing has seemed barely visible for this. I wouldn't even know it was coming out this summer if not for this forum. They really need to step it up. The first two have tons of goodwill and they should be leveraging that with a huge marketing campaign. 

6 hours ago, YSLDC said:

Where is the hype for this? You'd think people will be excited.

It does feel a bit like the war was the second movie and now the movie seem to be more war ? A feel a bit like it could have been told in 2 movie instead of 3.