druv10

Tuesday Numbers (Rth)

Because it is boring as fuck? I am not sure how I didn't walked out. And I am even less sure on why I have the Bluray.

It's not boring. I didnt always get what Malick was trying to get across, but it's never boring. Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 2

sent the tweet to that Amy critic

Im a potential hater of Lone survivor so u go Amy!

Llewyn Davis has leaked btw.

:wub: thx for the news

will watch today

(hope that the cat gets enough screentime :D )

Edited by Tauriel

I think critics are worthless for the most part but it is their job to write a review and give us their opinion.  Maybe Avengers didn't connect with her.  It happens.  If you see a film and you do not connect with it, no matter how many people tell you that you are wrong, it doesn't matter.  For example, I think Llewyn Davis is a horrible movie because I didn't connect at all with the main character.  Am I wrong for not liking the movie the way EVERYONE  does here?  

• Like 6

I read her review of Avengers and Lone Survivor.  

The Avengers review sounds like she just didn't connect with what Whedon was trying to do.  She thought there was too much comedy and she thought there was too much infighting among the superheroes.  Big deal.

As for Lone Survivor, she does bring up some good points. Besides the fact that they are American, why are their family lives more important than all the other family men that are being blown to bits?  You can disagree with what she says but she has the right to say it and agree or disagree, some of it rings true.

• Like 2

The Joaquin/Scarlett relationship in Her didn't resonate with me. Never bought into it. 

The Joaquin/Amy friendship was much more touching and real to me.

I think part of that was Jonze's point, that one relationship provided some key fulfillment of human need and spirit that the other could not.
  • Like 1

I think part of that was Jonze's point, that one relationship provided some key fulfillment of human need and spirit that the other could not.

mte

it was supposed to feel weird

& it felt

& Rooney/Joaquin ftw  :wub:

Posted Image

+ Amy's hair cracks me up  :lol:

That's a great point, but at the same time aren't we supposed to buy into Joaquin falling in love with his OS? I just couldn't do that.

The fact that he rejected Olivia Wilde's character but went for the OS instead seemed a bit silly and unrealistic to me.

I also think part of it is that based on Phoenix's character's inability to relay his insecurities/problems to other people, talking to something that was inhuman and fundamentally unable to grasp certain human elements was relieving and comforting.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1