Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CJohn

Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature | August 11 2017 | Trailer on page 3 | Previews start at 5pm on August 10

I just saw the announcement on HSX. I gotta say, I'm surprised. Sure, TNJ performed better than expectations, but 25.7m 4 day total on a long weekend and the only direct competition is a movie that's been out over 2 months doesn't scream instant sequel.

I gues the modest 42m budget has a lot to do with it, if they can keep the sequel down in that range there's not much risk involved.

Smurfs 2 showed a big drop over the first one. So did Hoodwinked 2 (though it released 6 years after Hoodwinked).

The Nut Job should follow suit. It's original(whatever) story/cheesy movie name/newness won't come to rescue the second time around.

Smurfs 2 showed a big drop over the first one. So did Hoodwinked 2 (though it released 6 years after Hoodwinked).

The Nut Job should follow suit. It's original(whatever) story/cheesy movie name/newness won't come to rescue the second time around.

You mean the "No Nuts, No Glory" tagline won't work a second time? Shocking  :o

I just saw the announcement on HSX. I gotta say, I'm surprised. Sure, TNJ performed better than expectations, but 25.7m 4 day total on a long weekend and the only direct competition is a movie that's been out over 2 months doesn't scream instant sequel.

I gues the modest 42m budget has a lot to do with it, if they can keep the sequel down in that range there's not much risk involved.

What do you expect from a third rate company like Open Road Films?

Anyone wanna wager what the final gross will be, maybe 2 billion :P?

Have any of you actually seen The Nut Job? Because it's a masterpiece. Of truly shitty proportions.

Wait, you saw this and Free Birds? In theaters?! IN THEIR FIRST FUCKING WEEK?! 

I know you're doing it for the lulz, but at the same time, I'm a little concerned....