Shawn Robbins

Official Friday Est: I FRANK (2.82), RIDE (6.3), LONE (3.6), RYAN (2.6), HUSTLE (1.96), FROZEN (2.1)

Was looking at the Showings going to see Lone Survivor and I saw at one of the other local theaters that they are playing "Frozen: Sing Along"I never heard of this or of a movie theater doing this. Anyone else get this playing in one of their local theaters?http://www.fandango.com/frozensingalong_170590/movietimes?location=14871

Check the Frozen thread. Its getting a 1000 theater sing-along rerelease next weekend, nationwide. Edited by spizzer
  • Like 1

Thread Plug, Top 15 movies of 2013 as voted by BOF members has been revealed. Read and provide feedback:  http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/13710-best-movies-of-2013-results-link-in-first-post/

Or in other words, if you guys wanna lose your faith in this place, check this link :lol: 

• Like 1

I saw 12 Years a Slave a 2nd time and I counted at least five voices crying audibly at the end. It doesn't really mean anything, I'm sure plenty of people bawled their eyes out at some garbage like Life is Beautiful, but I haven't really witnessed that kind of emotionality at the movies before. 

That Awkward Moment - R rated rom/com (Zac Efron) 2800 screens

Labor Day - PG-13 rated Drama (Josh Brolin, Kate Winslet) 2500 screens

I'm actually shocked at the theater count for both, but especially TAM. I would have guessed 2000-2200 each for them, at best.

Did Labor Day have some limited release? I didn't notice it in theaters before and Winslet somehow managed to snap a Golden Globe nomination for that movie...

That Awkward Moment - R rated rom/com (Zac Efron) 2800 screens

Labor Day - PG-13 rated Drama (Josh Brolin, Kate Winslet) 2500 screens

I'm actually shocked at the theater count for both, but especially TAM. I would have guessed 2000-2200 each for them, at best.

I like all three of the leads in that movie but my god does it look terrible

I like all three of the leads in that movie but my god does it look terrible

It's like the Fantastic Four minus Saiorse Ronan. Since Miles Teller is Mr. Fantastic and Michael B. Joran is The Human Torch, I guess that makes Zac Efron the Thing.

• Like 3

To be fair, some actors aren't as picky about their roles as others. I think it's easy for us to misinterpret that as making bad decisions out of greed (which can be the case sometimes), but there are also plenty of actors that just like to (or need to) work.

Also sometimes their agents gets them into a bad film, that they can't get out of it. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

The Golden Globes love Winslet, she won twice in one night a few years back. Labor Day is the worst sort of busted Oscar bait, no real awards glory and it's bound to be a box office flop (so sick of that ad they keep showing with the Rihanna song). At least stuff like The Great Gatsby and The Butler, they made a bunch of money.

• Like 1

Wasn't there an I, Frankie over $17M OW thread? Maybe I dreamed that. If there is I wanna find it and gloat a bit. 

Richard Corliss of TIME gave it a semi-positive review but I think he's too embarrassed to post it up on RT. The other critics will point and laugh at him.  :ph34r: Maybe he's trying to take the Armond White Contrarian award for 2014. :pounce:

Honestly, I want any of the LEGO Movie haters (coughTELEcough), to watch this video and say the movie doesn't look awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lipp_BxZpto

I honestly can't understand how anyone on this site can't be hyped for it after that ad :lol:

Not hyped.