grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

Just now, TelemAAchos said:

There's nothing wrong with what she's doing, it's just that the fight isn't staged in a very interesting way. 

Its pretty much almost exactly like the anime version.  She doesn't play fair.  Just beats the crap out of him while invisible as you saw in the clip.  Course there is more before that scene.

• Like 1

Just now, Klingo said:

Its pretty much almost exactly like the anime version.  She doesn't play fair.  Just beats the crap out of him while invisible as you saw in the clip.  Course there is more before that scene.

It's been a long, long time since I've seen the original, and I don't care about her playing fair or not. But we're in 2017, not 1995 -- visually, what was stylish and interesting then isn't now (automatically).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Does anyone even understand what this means... you're going to have to explain what that even means.

That sentence echoes a bit of what the Puppet Master conveys to Major at the end of the film 

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

It's a major movie made by and financed though a major US studio opening int eh US. in less than 4 days.   I don't see how geographical elitism plays int it.

I think @Boxofficerules may be on to something.  They might to avoid any new whitewashing backlash so close to opening.

He's just saying that they aren't entitled to anything. 

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Paramount are sacrificing 10% off the top of the global revenue for China's version of Fandango to promote the film.

That's either insane confidence or desperation. 

I'm not sure to understand, isn't promoting a movie in China usually really cheap ? Even the big Transformer 4 giant China promo costed the studio less than 10 million I think, did it change (I know that a web china platform became very powerful and that in good part why it was so cheap, a lot of promo online) ?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/chinese-ticketing-service-weying-takes-stake-paramounts-ghost-shell-987261

Selling your revenue in advance rarely show confidence.

Chinese online ticketing platform Weying has taken a stake in Paramount's Ghost in the Shell, directed by Rupert Sanders and starring Scarlett Johansson, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Ok they probably bought a part of the movie, they are probably giving money in that exchange to paramount not just a bigger place on their promotion platform.

Edited by Barnack

3 minutes ago, RedX said:

He's just saying that they aren't entitled to anything. 

Entitled is a bit of a strong word sure, but they gave to that movie a lot of free promotion all year long, it is normal to feel entitled to some privileged in exchange, that how that business and relation between press and studios has been for a very long time. Without that entitlement (access, screening, etc...) they will loose the press, prestige and the free awareness, maybe with Internet and with many people that are ready to promote movie for free now, that they care less.

3 hours ago, RandomJC said:

There has been plenty of success. Lone wolf and Cub, Ichi the Killer, Lady Snowblood. They get lost under the huge mistakes of Attack on Titan.

The failures incredibly outnumber the successes unfortunately . Black Butler, Casshern, Fist of the North Star, Gatchaman. Oh god, Terra Formars. So many to name 

After looking at some sources about the top 10 Japanese box office during the 90s and what I've found in 1995 is that the highest box office performance for Japanese films is the Studio Ghibli's Whisper of The Heart. But, the 1995 original animation of Ghost in The Shell is nowhere to be found in the top 10. Here's the source:  http://www.eiren.org/toukei/1995.html (sorry for those who don't understand, the site is Japanese). From this, I feel that the most Japanese did not know the story or the plot of the original animation, which makes me think it's surprised because first I thought that the original animation became a huge box office hit in Japan in 1995, which turned out to be wrong.

So, do you think that this movie will become huge during the time it's released in Japan (Apr 7)?