tawasal

Weekend actuals - NUT (12,1) RIDE (21,29) LONE (12,9) FROZ (9,118) WOLFIE (5,48)

I don't approve of her throwing shade at Walt Disney and sabotaging Emma Thompson's Oscar chances.  <_<

So? Walt Disney isn't God. And even if he was he's not immune to criticism just because he's Walt Disney.

And if that stopped them from nominating Emma Thompson then screw them.

• Like 1

So? Walt Disney isn't God. And even if he was he's not immune to criticism just because he's Walt Disney.

And if that stopped them from nominating Emma Thompson then screw them.

I don't think that her announcement was what kept Thompson from being nominated, but it did seem like the statement was an attempt to sink a rival film with smear tactics and promoting her own. 

• Like 2

I don't approve of her throwing shade at Walt Disney and sabotaging Emma Thompson's Oscar chances. <_<

The shade was good.And no chances where sabotaged. The news didn't break until the ballots were like hours from due. Besides it's more likely that Adams bumped out Thompson. Meryl was always gonna get nommed because she's Meryl. The other three were locked. So the only logic is that the Academy's solution for Amy Adams was to dispose of the only person they could: Thompson.
  • Like 2

It's okay to criticize Walt Disney if the criticisms are grounded in reality. Meryl's weren't.

The shade was good.And no chances where sabotaged. The news didn't break until the ballots were like hours from due.Besides it's more likely that Adams bumped out Thompson. Meryl was always gonna get nommed because she's Meryl. The other three were locked. So the only logic is that the Academy's solution for Amy Adams was to dispose of the only person they could: Thompson.

Judi and Meryl weren't locked at all. Get out of your delusion, Ric. Streep isn't perfect none of us are

• Like 1

Judi and Meryl weren't locked at all. Get out of your delusion, Ric. Streep isn't perfect none of us are

Yeah. yeah. Yeah. Meryl's the lady that got nominated for Music of the Heart. So yeah. She was always locked for this nom. She might've come fifth in terms of votes for the nom, but there was never a chance that she wasn't going to be in the top 5. And I think deep down, everyone knew this, but people chose to ignore it. (see the pre-nom ADF poll) I don't understand why people are so slow to understand that to Hollywood, Meryl is probably the closest thing to God that there is. She was and never will be in danger of not getting nominated for roles like these. 

And Judi was locked. She had Weinstein and a great storyline to complement her. Going Blind, possibly last lead film role, anti-catholic, BP nominee, blah, blah, blah. (Something that Thompson never had, might I add. Such a pity that you couldn't have picked a better horse.)