Impact

Best Actor 2014 predictions!

Affleck-gone girl

Phoenix- Vice

McConaughy-Interstellar

Carell

There is a good chance that none of these guys will be nominated. Academy doesn't always go the actors in blockbusters route and MM has already won. Fincher is not an academy darling and his latest movie isn't an Oscar-bait movie so Affleck isn't likely either. If Phoenix didn't get nominated for Her there is no reason to expect a nomination for Inherent Vice, another non-baity movie. Carell can get nominated but he hasn't proven shit and SPC has already kicked out Foxcatcher off their awards schedule last year so no reason to expect they will bring it back a year later.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

Would Tatum be put under lead or supporting for Foxcatcher? I assumed Carell would be put under lead so does that mean they would push Tatum to supporting?

They are putting Tatum front and centre in the latest poster, so he seems to be going lead. But I'm not sure.

They are putting Tatum front and centre in the latest poster, so he seems to be going lead. But I'm not sure.

but that just might be for promotional purposes. I guess we'll wait and see. From what I've heard Carell and Tatum are both very good in this film and they might try and maximize their chance of nominations. 

I think Tom Cruise's Oscar window has closed. Back in the late '90s and early '00s, it seemed like it would only be a matter of time before he won, just given the roles he was taking on (and the fact that he was nominated for Magnolia in '99). Ever since all of his Scientology-related shenanigans, though, I can't see it happening unless he gets a great, baity role and knocks it out of the park. And given that his roles have been almost entirely blockbuster-oriented as of late, I don't think that he's going to pursue said baity role for a while.

That being said, I guess we can't necessarily rule anyone's window shut in a year where Michael Keaton looks like a serious Best Actor contender.  :wacko: