Impact

Best Actor 2014 predictions!

i have now narrowed it down to one winner and its david oyelowo after stunning selma reviews.

No. It's Keaton. Well, I haven't seen Selma yet, but Oyelowo would have to give a beyond mind blowing performance to take this Oscar away from Keaton. It's like Baumer said, Keaton's performance is one of the best. I seriously rank it up there with DDL in There Will Be Blood.

I mean, I'm sure Oyelowo gives an awesome performance and would win any other year, but man, you have to watch Birdman.

Edited by CloneWars
  • Like 3

yep its not just the performance. it has to be oscar friendly, and birdman is a bit of an oddball type of flick, not in the oscar voters wheelhouse. selma on the other hand, fits the oscars like a glove.

Edited by Halba
  • Like 2

yep its not just the performance. it has to be oscar friendly, and birdman is a bit of an oddball type of flick, not in the oscar voters wheelhouse. selma on the other hand, fits the oscars like a glove.

The film Birdman has nothing to do with Keaton's performance. Just because Selma is Oscar bait doesn't detract from Keaton's performance.

• Like 2

If anyone other than Keaton wins, it'll be the 9th time this century that someone wins Best Actor for playing a real person.

Birdman is so meta that Keaton is playing a real person : him ! Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

i have now narrowed it down to one winner and its david oyelowo after stunning selma reviews.

its so odd how the early word on this was meh & suddenly its becoming a frontrunner

I have Oyello firmly at #1 also

Would be such a predictable win tho. Playing MLK & all

But at least its not Cucumber so I'll support that win  :lol:

Obviously I'd be much more happier with either Carrell, Fiennes nom, Keaton or Redmayne

ugh but I get the feeling Steve may be snubbed & Cooper or other BS will happen  :(

That Redford snub from last year still hurts apparently

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1

Crazy year! It's so competitive that everyone could be snubbed. Remember last year everyone thought it was a fight for the prize between Hanks, Redford and McC?

If I had to guess, I would say that 4 are very likely

David Oyelowo

Michael Keaton

Eddie Redmayne

Benedict Cumberbatch

With other 5 fighting hard for the last spot

Jake Gyllenhaal

Steve Carrell

Jack O'Connell

Timothy Spall

Chaning Tatum

Right now, I would say Gyllenhaal is the last contender.

• Like 1