Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

You're talking about the man who made Dances with Wolves in space into the highest grossing movie of all time, simultaneously bringing 3D back into mainstream popularity. Just watch as he brings in 1 billion Domestic and 4 billion Worldwide for Avatar 2. 

amen, is my 3.5b too  low with this announcement .lo.l- Yeeehaww

The problem with stuff like the higher framerates is that we don't get to experience them at home so you can't get the same experience that you had in the cinema. I mean does anyone know why we never got the 48fps versions of The Hobbit films on Blu-Ray?, can standard Blu-Ray players not run films at those higher framerates?.

The problem with stuff like the higher framerates is that we don't get to experience them at home so you can't get the same experience that you had in the cinema. I mean does anyone know why we never got the 48fps versions of The Hobbit films on Blu-Ray?, can standard Blu-Ray players not run films at those higher framerates?.

hmmm I am sure we will get it sometime in near future, possible with new 4K players..and they want to get as many people as they can to the cinema :) and later they will sell it on blu-ray 48fps, or another new format :)but I could be wrong...

• Like 1

4K tvs are getting cheaper.  But I like the one I have.  Not much content right now that plays 4K yet.  Maybe within 10 years.  But then we have 8K tvs by then.

I actually saw a Grand Canyon demo on a 4ktv at a local electronics store a few months ago and man, i have never seen anything like it, i can't even describe really how good it looked.

I didn't expect it to look so good as i'm one of those people who has always though normal HD doesn't make THAT much difference.

That 4k though, phew! :o

I don't really see the point of owning one yet though, whats the point when barely anything runs at 4k yet, especially TV and Film.

Edited by stuart360

4K in YouTube is an absurdity. It's incredibly compressed and 99% of people don't even have a monitor or TV capable of viewing it. Right now, consumer 4K is marketing shill and nothing more.

Even if they did have 4K tv, I think its slow to load the video as well.