Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

7 hours ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

It just comes down to personal preference. I'd put ALIENS and T2 above TITANIC. Actually, I think the ship is kinda middle-of-the-pack in terms of his resume, so far.

Sound about right.

T2

Aliens

Titanic

The Abyss

True Lies

The Terminator 

Piranha 2

9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

RIP Horner. Jim films in general have great soundtracks, Titanics #1 though.

James Horner's scores have the ability to grab me by the throat in ways that only compare to the music of John Williams.

I simply can't imagine Titanic, Braveheart, and Avatar without the gorgeous aural atmosphere Horner created for them...

May he rest in peace. :(

• Like 1

MODERATION:

This is a thread for the upcoming movie AVATAR 2. Up to this point, we allowed it to be a general place to also talk about Cameron, AVATAR, and so forth. But with STAR WARS about to pass AVATAR domestically, and with AVATAR 2 about to actually start production, all this bickering threatens to derail this thread. 

So, from this point onward, if you want to trash-talk about various franchises, argue over whether domestic or overseas is more important, how to estimate ticket sales in the US, and so forth, please do it in this new thread:

If you continue those discussions here, they will be moved at a moderator's discretion.

4 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I'm kinda miffed that Cameron has given Battle Angel to "B-movie" Rodriguez. I don't know much about it but it sounds intriguing. A futuristic cyberpunk dystopia, a strong female role. Man, it's right up his alley! Bummer... :(

Hopefully in 2028 he will come back. I am guessing he take 9 or 10 off again in between films. He most likely figured he would have taken to long to make the movie. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I'm kinda miffed that Cameron has given Battle Angel to "B-movie" Rodriguez. I don't know much about it but it sounds intriguing. A futuristic cyberpunk dystopia, a strong female role. Man, it's right up his alley! Bummer... :(

I have no faith in Rodriquez what so ever, even if it's a Jim script and have Jim overseeing it. Jim will give away creative control and it will kill it.

First the Avatar delay then Mexican Alita. Hard times being a Jim fan.

8 minutes ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Hopefully in 2028 he will come back. I am guessing he take 9 or 10 off again in between films. He most likely figured he would have taken to long to make the movie. 

It's not like he wasn't doing anything 2009 to 2013, he spent years designing and making a deep sea diving sub and went to the bottom of the ocean. Hopefully he has ran out of areas to explore and can focus on filmmaking, this is our dream.

2014+ he has been working on Avatar

Edited by IronJimbo
extra sentence
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Is there any chance James Cameron directs another film not named Avatar? I really enjoy most of Cameron work and would like him to do at least one more film not Avatar. 

I really hoped that he would do Battle Angel himself, now that Robert Rodrigues is doing it, I'm excited as well, at least we know that it is actually going to happen.

I really hope JC does something else after Avatar 2,3 and 4, he's one of the few directors that can connect audiences around the globe with smash hit original films starting from scratch, no need for established actors, no need for established franchise, he doesn't even need an established writer. Just the name James Cameron is enough for me personally and I'm sure that's the case for many others. I feel like it would be a waste if he doesn't do anything else other than Avatar sequels.

Wikipedia claims that Cameron is committed to do a film at some point about the atomic bombing in Hiroshima, I don't know if there's any truth is that?

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I really hoped that he would do Battle Angel himself, now that Robert Rodrigues is doring it, I'm excited as well, at least we know that it is actually going to happen.

I really hope JC does something else after Avatar 2,3 and 4, he's one of the few directors that can connect audiences around the global with smash hit original films from scratch, no need to established actors, no need to for established franchise, he doesn't even need an established writer. Just the name James Cameron is enough for me personally and I'm sure that's the case for many others. I feel like it would be a waste if he doesn't do anything else other than Avatar sequels.

Wikipedia claims that Cameron is committed to do a film at some point about the atomic bombing in Hiroshima, I don't know if there's any truth is that?

Well he promised the guy he would make a film based on him, Jim doesn't seem like a type of guy to back of a promise. Plus it seems like a film that would fit Jim very well, it would be outstanding. It also seems like a sort of film that will be a huge blockbuster, I think every film he will do from now will have to be huge.

basically Nuclear Titanic

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Well he promised the guy he would make a film based on him, Jim doesn't seem like a type of guy to back of a promise. Plus it seems like a film that would fit Jim very well, it would be outstanding. It also seems like a sort of film that will be a huge blockbuster, I think every film he will do from now will have to be huge.

basically Nuclear Titanic

Yeah, I hope he makes it, if anybody can make that work and make a film of that subject a global blockbuster, it is probably Cameron. I definitely see the resemblance to Titanic, both disaster films(kind of), and the historical contexts as well. If he makes it, I don't know if it's going to have Titanic/Avatar kind of box office performance, but at least a international run comparable to ROTK, HP8, or even TFA, if it is good!

• Like 2