Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I have a bad feeling about this.In 1997, they failed.In 2009, they failed again but tried even harder.Avatar 2 is going to be the laughing stock of everybody (movie critics, Nikki, geeks etc) for no reason but being made by James Cameron, the arrogant and too clever for tis own good canadian dude who dared to write, produce, edit and direct the 2 most succesful movies of thier respective eras.This will not end well.The movie has the potential to be the most spectacular backlash in the history of movies.The M Night Shyamalan backlash would be a Cinderella story to what could happen with Avatar 2.For reasons I cannot fathom to understand, a lot of people want to see Cameron fail.Call it human nature.

I really don't understand your post. They failed in 1997 and 2009? Titanic and Avatar were failures?

I really don't understand your post. They failed in 1997 and 2009? Titanic and Avatar were failures?

At first, i was :lol: but i think he was talking about delays (Titanic from summer 97, Avatar from summer '09)

So what is the latest news on a release date?

Landau said the 2014 date would be "tough to make". He said "movies make release dates, release dates don't make movies".Take from that what you will.

That thsi thread is still alive and kicking although those sequels aren`t seeing the lights of cinemas before 2015 or something is the testament that there is anticipation that naysayers are unsuccessfully trying to deny. I`m mad at JC for deciding to make no other movies but I acknowledge the fact that people want to see them regardless of how I feel about the only-Avatar-making issue.

JC is weird and he says a lot of things but what we will get is another matter. However, I`m sure that whatever he makes next is going to be an event and experience. he made T2 and Aliens fresh and new as opposed to sequel`s usual loss of novelty so I expect he`ll especially see to it with Avatar(s).

That thsi thread is still alive and kicking although those sequels aren`t seeing the lights of cinemas before 2015 or something is the testament that there is anticipation that naysayers are unsuccessfully trying to deny. I`m mad at JC for deciding to make no other movies but I acknowledge the fact that people want to see them regardless of how I feel about the only-Avatar-making issue.

He never ruled out the possiblity of making Battle Angel. He was just saying that he will be very busy and totally concentrating on Avatar sequels in the next few years, and currently has no time think about other projects. You shouldnt be mad at all. Edited by vc2002

Yea, I was really looking forward to an Battle Angel Alita flick but oh well. I think JC sees Avatar 2/3 as simply an aspect of his humanitarian/science work and will make no other movies afterward.

Where did he say, he was not making BA?