Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Guys, when is this coming out? Cause I'm listening to NTIP and at around 58-59 min mark, Jason says that he's hearing from industry people that Han Solo movie is moving to December 2018. But because he isn't 100% sure, those are just industry murmurs, he's not putting the info on his site yet. So if Disney locks December for all Star Wars movies, what does that mean for Avatar? Cause the idea was to alternate SW and Avatar in that slot, each coming out every two years.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/12/episode-160-makingstarwars-nets-now-this-is-podcasting/

James Cameron will give an earful to Disney and Lord & Miller.

I don't think Cameron gives two hoots about release dates or potential competition. He's gonna focus on making the damn thing and when they get a good sense of when it'll actually be ready, then they'll firm up the date. If he makes the Dec 2018 date, great. If not, well, Fox will find a way to deal with it then.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Elessar said:

See? It is loved and remembered. ;)

Honestly the cultural impact argument is infuriating, almost like films are only good if they have a single meme that gets referenced in everyday life. It's a standalone film for godsake.

• Like 1

Production is well underway. It's as far removed from a traditional shoot as I have ever seen - even in comparison to the first time around. We've got the time of rendering down to half what it was in '08 with 4x the mtr. The planning that has gone into this saga makes Jim's entire career up to this point seem like a training exercise. 

As always. Stay strong folks and trust in Jim

• Like 7

@That One Guy

Didn't want to derail the R1 threads again but I saw that you hate Avatar, which is fine.

However!

I also saw that you're 15, which means you were 8 years old when Avatar was released. This is a film which was pure kino 3D in cinema, designed for the big screen. You have truly missed out on the Avatar magic.

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

@That One Guy

Didn't want to derail the R1 threads again but I saw that you hate Avatar, which is fine.

However!

I also saw that you're 15, which means you were 8 years old when Avatar was released. This is a film which was pure kino 3D in cinema, designed for the big screen. You have truly missed out on the Avatar magic.

I did see it in 3D.  I was 8 years old.  And I wasn't impressed.

If an 8 year old isn't impressed by it, then I doubt my older self would be.  I was impressed by such small, insignificant shit as TV's.  Hell, I even saw other 3D films earlier than that and thought they were put to better use to it than Avatar.  Rewatching it on DVD just made me hate it more.

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I did see it in 3D.  I was 8 years old.  And I wasn't impressed.

If an 8 year old isn't impressed by it, then I doubt my older self would be.  I was impressed by such small, insignificant shit as TV's.  Hell, I even saw other 3D films earlier than that and thought they were put to better use to it than Avatar.  Rewatching it on DVD just made me hate it more.

8 year olds opinions, now that something I don't care about.

also.. dvd lol

Honestly you should watch the sequels!

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

8 year olds opinions, now that something I don't care about.

also.. dvd lol

Honestly you should watch the sequels!

Lmao, as I said, I rewatched it on DVD.  I was 13 when I did so, when I've significantly developed my film taste overall.  I wouldn't ask you to judge my 8 year old opinions, but I did see it in 3D when it came out.

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Lmao, as I said, I rewatched it on DVD.  I was 13 when I did so, when I've significantly developed my film taste overall.  I wouldn't ask you to judge my 8 year old opinions, but I did see it in 3D when it came out.

DVD suggests poor quality visuals and guarantees no 3D. You haven't experienced Avatar! No flame here I'm just saying your post saying "i hate avatar" is without experience Avatar properly.

See you at the midnight release my friend.

Edited by IronJimbo

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

DVD suggests poor quality visuals and guarantees no 3D. You haven't experienced Avatar! No flame here I'm just saying your post saying "i hate avatar" is without experience Avatar properly.

See you at the midnight release my friend.

If a film can't stand on its own without its VFX, then why the hell should I be invested in it?  Gravity is a film that I loved regardless of VFX.  Why couldn't Avatar accomplish something that Gravity could?

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

If a film can't stand on its own without its VFX, then why the hell should I be invested in it?  Gravity is a film that I loved regardless of VFX.  Why couldn't Avatar accomplish something that Gravity could?

Agreed movies need to be able stand on their own. Because in 30 years Avatar is going to look terrible and it won't have a story to back it up.