Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

These people were obviously all paid to be there. What a shameless publicity stunt by Disney and Cameron trying to brainwash us into thinking that people actually give a shit about this movie that no one talks about no one cares about. Sorry Disney you could've spent all the money paying for a good RT score for POTC5, and sorry Cameron you could've spent all the money hiring a better writer.

:sparta:

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 4

Those long lines remind me of this little snippet from when Avatar opened in China.

Demand to see the film Avatar is so great that the IMAX ticket price in Shanghai will go up next week. That will make it one of the most expensive IMAX-3D ticket prices in the world.

Although the story-line of Avatar has been used many times over, its unique wrapping still helped the movie break the Shanghai Box Office record faster than any film in history. It's still 6:30 in the morning. But long queues have already formed outside cinemas in Shanghai. Some are fully packed, even bringing their quilts to spend the night outside the ticket office just for one IMAX ticket to see Avatar.

Ms. Liu, Ticket Buyer, said, "I have been waiting for more than 10 hours. It's freezing here. I have got 6 heat packs, plus my quilts."

Shanghai's only IMAX cinema has announced it will increase ticket prices for Avatar from 150 yuan to 200 yuan. Theater managers say the reason for the price hike is not purely economical. It just want to ease the tension between supply and demand.

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 1

Here's the best Flight of Passage video that I've seen to date, I can't imagine how good this must look in person. The ride is getting amazing reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMxeDMPvSnI

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/pandora-world-avatar-review-disney-animal-kingdoms-new-park-1008224

Riding a Banshee

If the serene, soothing Na'vi River Journey stirred my emotions, then my next Pandora destination, Flight of Passage, took them on a pulse-pounding roller coaster ride. While not a literal coaster, this 3D motion simulation packs more thrills than any loop de loop I've ever had the pleasure of screaming through. Blending elements that will be familiar to fans of Disney's Soarin' and Star Tours rides, the E-ticket attraction puts patrons on the backs of enormous flying beasts called Banshees. 

Before mounting the winged monsters, which requires donning a pair of 3D specs and straddling what looks like a stationary bike, Flight of Passage leads visitors through a stunningly-realized, story-driven queue. Observant participants will notice a series of in-progress lab experiments, see the oversized skull of a Banshee, and watch a Na'vi peacefully float in a water-filled chamber. As the fiction — entertainingly described in training videos —goes, riders are then neurologically linked to a Na'vi that's already soaring through the skies.

That might sound like a lot to swallow, but I had little trouble suspending my disbelief once the wind literally hit my face. Sitting before an enormous, enveloping screen, visitors are whisked away on a seat-of-the-pants adventure. On top of delivering an incredible sense of speed and flight, the immersive attraction incorporates a number of effects to realistically sting the senses. As my Banshee barreled over the ocean, for example, a whale-like beast breached the surface and sprayed me with water; following a near collision with the sea behemoth, I then found myself clutching the ride vehicle as I narrowly escaped a crushing rip curl.

Seat vibration effects realistically simulate the Banshee's breathing, while various fragrances — like the distinct smell of dirt kicked up by stampeding beasts — further fuel the fantasy. The attraction isn't without its quieter moments, like a surprisingly emotional pause taken in a beautiful cave, but between its hair-raising dips and dives and a pulse-quickening encounter with a rival Banshee, it leaves little time to catch your breath. Exiting the ride, I heard a number of enthusiastic reactions, from “It gave me goosebumps” to “I have tears in my eyes.” After experiencing one of Disney's most moving, thrilling attractions though, my only thought was “When can I ride again?”

• Like 5

On 5/25/2017 at 2:56 AM, NCsoft said:

I tend to think so too, although I don't really know why, I also don't really know why it  faded fairly fast from public conscious in the first place, because Avatar has always  been relevant to me.

It's never faded  , look at the tens of thousands of communities on it . Just that it's taken a long long time to get sequels going. It's always going to be known as the breakthrough film almost  decade ahead of the rest in terms of technical, artistic and the most involving  movie experience in history of movie making.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

Here's the best Flight of Passage video that I've seen to date, I can't imagine how good this must look in person. The ride is getting amazing reviews.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/pandora-world-avatar-review-disney-animal-kingdoms-new-park-1008224

Riding a Banshee

If the serene, soothing Na'vi River Journey stirred my emotions, then my next Pandora destination, Flight of Passage, took them on a pulse-pounding roller coaster ride. While not a literal coaster, this 3D motion simulation packs more thrills than any loop de loop I've ever had the pleasure of screaming through. Blending elements that will be familiar to fans of Disney's Soarin' and Star Tours rides, the E-ticket attraction puts patrons on the backs of enormous flying beasts called Banshees. 

Before mounting the winged monsters, which requires donning a pair of 3D specs and straddling what looks like a stationary bike, Flight of Passage leads visitors through a stunningly-realized, story-driven queue. Observant participants will notice a series of in-progress lab experiments, see the oversized skull of a Banshee, and watch a Na'vi peacefully float in a water-filled chamber. As the fiction — entertainingly described in training videos —goes, riders are then neurologically linked to a Na'vi that's already soaring through the skies.

That might sound like a lot to swallow, but I had little trouble suspending my disbelief once the wind literally hit my face. Sitting before an enormous, enveloping screen, visitors are whisked away on a seat-of-the-pants adventure. On top of delivering an incredible sense of speed and flight, the immersive attraction incorporates a number of effects to realistically sting the senses. As my Banshee barreled over the ocean, for example, a whale-like beast breached the surface and sprayed me with water; following a near collision with the sea behemoth, I then found myself clutching the ride vehicle as I narrowly escaped a crushing rip curl.

Seat vibration effects realistically simulate the Banshee's breathing, while various fragrances — like the distinct smell of dirt kicked up by stampeding beasts — further fuel the fantasy. The attraction isn't without its quieter moments, like a surprisingly emotional pause taken in a beautiful cave, but between its hair-raising dips and dives and a pulse-quickening encounter with a rival Banshee, it leaves little time to catch your breath. Exiting the ride, I heard a number of enthusiastic reactions, from “It gave me goosebumps” to “I have tears in my eyes.” After experiencing one of Disney's most moving, thrilling attractions though, my only thought was “When can I ride again?”

Wow. I must experience this one day pandorians ??

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

Wow, that video is spectacular!:ohmygod:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Someone put up a fan made trailer for the sequel in February. Just glanced at it, looks terrible. That shit got 12m views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl8fkc4HsSs

People definitely thought this was the Avatar Last Airbender sequel. This is the only logical way to explain this 12m view count.:jeb!:

• Like 2

It's official - Norm is back. 

http://deadline.com/2017/05/joel-david-moore-avatar-sequels-fox-1202105375/

My gut feeling, early prediction is that the first sequel will kill at the Box Office, $2.5 Billion - EASY.....once they start teasing and building up the hype, it will be overwhelming and the movie will deliver in spades in all depts setting the hook for the others moving forward. Cameron heard the criticism's levelled at the first movie, the scripts for the sequels have been worked hard they won't be an afterthought to what will be the new state of the art in visuals. 

• Like 3

On 5/29/2017 at 1:09 AM, KP1025 said:

The detail in the environment is amazing. Pandora still remains the most beautiful fictional world ever created. 

The detail is not that amazing given that it's a video of a video, I wish they would release this properly for people who won't be able to experience the ride at Disney that way we can really analyze the detail in the environments. High quality teaser clips like this would help to build the hype over the next 3 years!!! Dec 2020 is still 42 months away :(.