Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 5/8/2017 at 9:34 PM, aabattery said:

Cliff Curtis is good. 

He probably is. I haven't seen his acting skills in anything except for Fear the Walking Dead, so if people can get excited about this pick, I shouldn't have any reason to be concerned.

Edited by NoobSaibot

10 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

He probably is. I haven't seen his acting skills in anything except for Fear the Walking Dead, so if people can get excited about this pick, I shouldn't have any reason to be concerned.

The guy is a chameleon. He's been in such a wide range of Hollywood movies since Once Were Warriors, he's like the token "ethnic" guy of supporting acting.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

So is waiting 10 years or more for a damn sequel.. Pretty sure I'm not the only one..

I'll ignore the fact that your reply hardly makes any sense given what I said... and instead say: 

I didn't really see similar anger at having to wait for Toy Story 3, TFA, Blade Runner 2049, Finding Dory, or even Jurassic World. Then again, none of the immediate precursors to those movies was the highest grossing film of all time.

This is Jim Cam we're talking about, the man is a pioneer, a visionary the likes of which the world has never seen before. The man engineered, and then became the first person to solo pilot a sub to the bottom of the ocean in between these movies.

Can you name a single director who has achieved more outside of the medium of film than Jim? 

I'll wait. 

• Like 3

But, sir... there's like millions of people saying they don't care about...

That is counter intuitive, people simply do not talk about stuff they do not care anymore usually (specially without an event to trigger it like a trailer posted or something) and do not feel the need to go around saying it (and to who they would be saying it ? No one would be there to listen)

Look at the Internet activity about avatar 2 worldwide, it is massive, similar to a movie like Thor Ragnarok before it's first trailer:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 12-m&q=%2Fm%2F0gmbk1g,%2Fm%2F0126b7q0

While there is nothing about Avatar 2 at all out

Except for when the movie was released, Internet talk about Avatar 2 was bigger than alice of the wonderland too:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=%2Fm%2F0gmbk1g,%2Fm%2F0126b7q0,%2Fm%2F0y4m_xb

Once again with nothing at all known about the movies.

It could be a large group googling avatar 2 to find place to make others know they do not care but I doubt it, it is one of the best selling bluray of all time, with some of the best legs of all time, not a flash in the pan first weekend movie.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

So is waiting 10 years or more for a damn sequel.. Pretty sure I'm not the only one..

Yeah, those big waits for sequels totally killed the Star Wars franchise...

Edit - That having been said, didn't Disney or someone just open up an Avatar theme park recently?

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Wrath said:

Yeah, those big waits for sequels totally killed the Star Wars franchise...

Edit - That having been said, didn't Disney or someone just open up an Avatar theme park recently?

page 650 for Disney land park vids.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/142-avatar-2-dec-18-2020-production-underway-soon-secretive-project-is-secretive-four-sequels-officially-announced/?page=650

My favourite, it's damn creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p4mn5BstQo

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Wait, I see some sea creatures. Are they those that we're gonna see from Avatar sequels, or something Disney came up with on their own?

Edited by vc2002

5 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Wait, I see some sea creatures. Are they those that we're gonna see from Avatar sequels, or something Disney came up with on their own?

I read that every little detail had to be approved by Cameron, so those sea creatures are likely to be prototypes for the sequels. 

13 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I read that every little detail had to be approved by Cameron, so those sea creatures are likely to be prototypes for the sequels. 

If that represents what we're gonna see in A2, I think we're definitely in for a mind-blowing visual treat like the first one.

:ohmygod::bourne::ohmyzod::sarah:

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2