Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

51 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I’m really looking forward to Disney’s Avatar 2. 

Hey Dee indeed.. Lets see what James Cameron unleashes on the world next and this time we get back to back sequels. Dont forget Jc owns 60%. Think we getting up to avtr 4 or 5. 😎

For me avtr films will be 4dx must affair.

Avatar 2 will break 3billion worldwide

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Good Jim feature and with 1 minute hyping the sequels at the end

Also points to jake and Ney staying alive for all sequels

Interesting little tidbit about the sequels at the end, it sounds like Zoe/Neytiri is the focus. Her character is not the most patient in terms of personality, tends to react quickly, is very emotional, doesn't really listen to anyone except maybe her mom. Of course Sam/Jake will be doing things that will set her off in some way = conflict in the marriage + conflict with returning humans + other tribes and so on...so yeah it's Godfather all over again. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

DeeCee it's more like sponsered by Disney, they don't have any creative control (zero) and don't own the Avatar IP

Avatar did not belong to Fox? It's owned by Lightstorm?

Edited by Avatree

14 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Well Titanic will be going to #3 overall - Avatar is safe based on my preliminary rough calculations. 

All depends on if avengers endg slows . Titan may still hold for 2nd place as prince of the bo. In terms of ticket sales in one run Titan is still by far the king of the bo

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

All depends on if avengers endg slows . Titan may still hold for 2nd place as prince of the bo. In terms of ticket sales in one run Titan is still by far the king of the bo

I'm looking at $$ only, the % wind down for Endgame will determine its fate. Typical Marvel movies come out ridiculously strong and drop 50% + Domestic and even worse Foreign and China 70% + 

9 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

I'm looking at $$ only, the % wind down for Endgame will determine its fate. Typical Marvel movies come out ridiculously strong and drop 50% + Domestic and even worse Foreign and China 70% + 

Titanic may hold for 2nd place behind JCs Avatar king of the world. Indeed agreed it will depend on End Game's holds around the world. Avatar 1 is looking to even get a re-release pushing its box office into the 850 -900m dom  and 3b ww arena . Imagine if a re-released Avatar hits 3b ww and.Then the world's biggest sequel event Avatar II hits and goes right by the 4b ww mark and puts Cameron the mighty  on even bigger tera firma in those lofty all time bo charts.💪💪😎

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

Interesting little tidbit about the sequels at the end, it sounds like Zoe/Neytiri is the focus. Her character is not the most patient in terms of personality, tends to react quickly, is very emotional, doesn't really listen to anyone except maybe her mom. Of course Sam/Jake will be doing things that will set her off in some way = conflict in the marriage + conflict with returning humans + other tribes and so on...so yeah it's Godfather all over again. 

15 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Good Jim feature and with 1 minute hyping the sequels at the end

Also points to jake and Ney staying alive for all sequels

I'm going to watch it tomm and post my thoughts Jimbo. Thx for update

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Jim with the backing of Disney makes me giddy. It takes the roof off of what we can expect. I mean they spent half a bil on Pandora and that was before any of the sequels. 

As they say Avatar 2's glory of invincibility is looking better every month.  Imagine if every genre plus titanic and golden age moviegoers show up and it gives us a movie experience many times that of the original??? An avatar 2 with the explosion of avengers but legs of a T2 or Avatar one??

Oh my 😨😨😨

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Jim with the backing of Disney makes me giddy. It takes the roof off of what we can expect. I mean they spent half a bil on Pandora and that was before any of the sequels. 

I'm just curious. Do you happen to know the profit of Avatar? I read somewhere that Jim's share of the profits is $350M. So I'm really curious about the whole profit of the movie.

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

I'm just curious. Do you happen to know the profit of Avatar? I read somewhere that Jim's share of the profits is $350M. So I'm really curious about the whole profit of the movie.

That was his cut as far as I'm aware. A large amount of the profit was supposedly put into a hedge fund by Fox, so immediate profit and total profit is anyone's guess. 

Another clueless soul trying (and majorly failing) to predict A2+3 on Reddit:

Spoiler

I particularly like this bit which is just complete shit (clearly this guy knows nothing of the admissions records set by Avatar globally, not just $$):

The high box office numbers for the previous movies were mostly due to the fact that this movie was at the prime hype of the first 3D movies, and the first to really take advantage of that, and Fox was in a position at the time to mandate 3D in all cinemas (higher ticket price). Nowadays people mostly prefer 2D and Disney will not mandate 3D.

• Haha 2