Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

50 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Kind of hope Ironjimbo is correct on all those clubs. Silencing the doubters yet again will be sooo sweet.

I'm considered a 'doubter' because I think it will only make it to(at least) the top 15 Domestic and Top 3 Worldwide.

Think about that for just one second, please!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I'm considered a 'doubter' because I think it will only make it to(at least) the top 15 Domestic and Top 3 Worldwide.

James Cameron's last two films

Avatar: #1 Domestic, #1 Worldwide

Titanic: #1 Domestic, #1 Worldwide

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

There has been some comment from Landau that Disney is committed to a healthy theatrical window for this film, which to me, sounds like it's gonna be at least 90 days. 

Hopefully its daily numbers will be well below 1mil by that point. Dont want streaming to mess too much with the films gross!.

50 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Exactly! My $573 under line ($550-$600M) would still 13th all time DOM (I don’t follow WW enough to make a prediction there, but fwiw far less bearish on that end, probably same ballpark as you)

With that said, would still be a major drop-off in admissions from Avatar (and Titanic) with today’s ATP, so in some sense it is “doubting” Cameron to do it again. But that’s also a really high bar for expectations/success 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I know, it's more of a broad statement that I'm considered a doubter around these parts!

Well i havent checked the top 15 domestic charts in a while, but isnt there films like around 500mil and under in the top 15?. Thats a pretty ridiculous prediction for this film to be honest.

Same with some of those clubs Ironjimbo was referencing. I mean for a'enthusiast' box office forum, some of those clubs are pretty ridiculous, and stupid.

• Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Well i havent checked the top 15 domestic charts in a while, but isnt there films like around 500mil and under in the top 15?. Thats a pretty ridiculous prediction for this film to be honest.

Same with some of those clubs Ironjimbo was referencing. I mean for a'enthusiast' box office forum, some of those clubs are pretty ridiculous, and stupid.

15th place is Rogue One with $533m, which has been my minimum for years.  When I wrote that post in Jan 2019, it was actually 11th all time!   More importantly, I was flat WW, so around 2.7b at that time.  

I've never for once doubted this movie will be an insane earner.  There are just too many variables for me to blindly say, "Well, of course he's going to do it AGAIN."  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

15th place is Rogue One with $533m, which has been my minimum for years.  When I wrote that post in Jan 2019, it was actually 11th all time!   More importantly, I was flat WW, so around 2.7b at that time.  

I've never for once doubted this movie will be an insane earner.  There are just too many variables for me to blindly say, "Well, of course he's going to do it AGAIN."  

Well yeah i mean all my predicitons (and i feel i have been quite conservative with my predicitions) are assuming the film will be great, and an amazing experience for movie fans.

If the film completely stinks (little chance imo) then maybe some of these lower predicitions will come into play.

• Thanks 1