-
8 / Dec 23

Fri

- -
Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stuart360 said:

A lot of people are against this movie, and want nothing more than it to fail.

I mean its like that around the world but thankfully fans outnumber them.

You got that right. We are part of that family my brothers. Lol looks like the 19-24m Tuesday almost happened.

18.3-18.5 m estimates.

Holy Gaylord Focker!

Naysayers about no 700- 800m domestic or better may have to get some oxygen masks, as there's a whole lot more big BO super performing suprises left in Avatar Way of The Water is something you just have to see 2-4 times or more. Just freaking groundbreaking!

" The  slapped in the face naysayers are in Cameron and Jake Sullys World Now!"

850m + domestic and 2.5b + ww

" Let's  Get It  Done!"

the secret life of walter mitty hbo movies GIF by HBO

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Like 1

I don't understand the criticism about the story being paper thin. I mean yes Jim obviously wanted to show off the VFX & it's a cinematic achievement but I actually liked the story in this one better than the first. I also think this one has a more memorable character arc than the first one. I don't think this film will be forgotten for it's characters like some people think. Everyone was just much more compelling to me here, the kids, the Sully's as a whole, the new tribe, etc.  

I was expecting to go into this being disappointed by the story just based on some reviews and I came out the theater very pleased with what I saw.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I am very sensitive just coming out of movie, especially if dont like how stuff ends. 

I see, I'm surprised it's the second half you hated! I thought final hour or so was amazing and made up for a lot of my problems around the middle.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

I don't understand the criticism about the story being paper thin. I mean yes Jim obviously wanted to show off the VFX & it's a cinematic achievement but I actually liked the story in this one better than the first. I also think this one has a more memorable character arc than the first one. I don't think this film will be forgotten for it's characters like some people think. Everyone was just much more compelling to me here, the kids, the Sully's as a whole, the new tribe, etc.  

I was expecting to go into this being disappointed by the story just based on some reviews and I came out the theater very pleased with what I saw.

The story is fine. When people want there to be negatives, they will do their best to find them and just strat repeating what other detractors say. The fact that sooo many of the critics said it has a much better story, well they are the ones that are going to criticize a lack of story.

The story in the first film was fine too imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, stuart360 said:

Grace has A2 at no.4 in her top 10 best films of the year.

Pretty crazy turnaround if you know her history with AVATAR.

I also think all the  fans she lost campaigning against Avatar, she's learn to stop the madness and relax and enjoy the sequel.

Glad annoying Grace has come around 😂 

14 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

People think Jake's arc is just learned to protect his family. The real lesson - and Cameron's message to us - is that the world and creatures around us are part of our "family" as well and need to be protected. In a sense, Jake represents us humans here on Earth today. We've been running away and avoiding the problem for too long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We can talk about the lacking story or script in Avatar all we want, but they're still better movies than the absolute majority of Marvel film released to date. Cameron has never been one for writing traditionally good scripts (there's a reason Titnaic won just about everything on the Oscar's but wasn't even nominated for Screenplay), he just knows exactly what audiences want and delivers that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dale Cooper said:

We can talk about the lacking story or script in Avatar all we want, but they're still better movies than the absolute majority of Marvel film released to date. Cameron has never been one for writing traditionally good scripts (there's a reason Titnaic won just about everything on the Oscar's but wasn't even nominated for Screenplay), he just knows exactly what audiences want and delivers that.

Titanic actually  did win script awards elsewhere. They just couldn't give everything to that one movie. No way was Titan a weak script. That's most moviegoers idea of a perfectly done film in everyway. And is the benchmark the epics need to take note from in my opinion 🦾

Avatar 2s story was awesome but because he split it into 2 films, there's always going to be a bit of chaos. Seems the film still  gets standing ovations and claps at most showing. So obviously the writing is good. Just visuals doesn't bring your audience back. It's the entire package . Storyline, beats; action, music. Connecting with your audience. Something most comic and films this year obviously failed  miserably to do.

Maybe they need James to teach them more on his  writing and pacing style  to help their scripts.

😄

titanic jack and rose GIF

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

You got that right. We are part of that family my brothers. Lol looks like the 19-24m Tuesday almost happened.

18.3-18.5 m estimates.

Holy Gaylord Focker!

Naysayers about no 700- 800m domestic or better may have to get some oxygen masks, as there's a whole lot more big BO super performing suprises left in Avatar Way of The Water is something you just have to see 2-4 times or more. Just freaking groundbreaking!

" The  slapped in the face naysayers are in Cameron and Jake Sullys World Now!"

850m + domestic and 2.5b + ww

" Let's  Get It  Done!"

the secret life of walter mitty hbo movies GIF by HBO

Movie itself was visually awesome, but there’s nothing really groundbreaking about the BO run yet.

But I do love the Walter Mitty GIF.

14 minutes ago, Dale Cooper said:

All these are LIES, the script of Avatar is not bad and for what Marvel does and what they intend to do (and specially as they develop like a TV series but on theaters) they are good and no better or worse than Avatar. 

9 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Titanic did win script awards elsewhere. They just couldn't give everything to that one movie. No way was Titan a weak script. Avatar 2s story was awesome but because he split it into 2 films always going to be a bit of chaos. Seems the film gets standing ovations and claps at most showing. So obviously the writing is good. Just visuals doesn't bring your audience back. It's the entire package . Storyline, beats; action, music. Connecting with your audience. Something most comic and films this year failed to do because of their poor righting in fact. 

Tinatic has a good script and the Avatar movies too for what they intend to do. What do these people that are always talking about Cameron Scriptwriting when is sharp, to the point and quotable want, pseudo philosophy like they do on their supposed good scripts. Do their scripts have Hasta La Vista, baby?

Edited by StreamBO