Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

11 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm confused why would they re-released titanic while Avatar 2 is still making dollar

They'll probably not interfere with each other. 

I'd be fine with them doing a Titanic re-release every 5 years, that movie deserves to be seen again and again!

• Like 2

Avatar 2 is now less than 6 months away. Is cinema ready for Cameron’s vision? How many screens in the world are capable to reach the specification that Cameron requires? Laser projector, 4K, HDR, all these specification is not a small ask from cinema when they are still recovering from covid-19.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

They'll probably not interfere with each other. 

I'd be fine with them doing a Titanic re-release every 5 years, that movie deserves to be seen again and again!

Never saw it in a theater, might try to one day. First time I saw it I must have been 12 or 13, in a school bus on a miniature screen. Still I was already marveling at how well it was made while most of the boys my age were like "ew it's a girl movie". I didn't know it yet but I was already a James Cameron fan.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Never saw it in a theater, might try to one day. First time I saw it I must have been 12 or 13, in a school bus on a miniature screen. Still I was already marveling at how well it was made while most of the boys my age were like "ew it's a girl movie". I didn't know it yet but I was already a James Cameron fan.

I never saw it in theaters in its original run either, finally got to pay my due back in 2012 when it re-released. 

First time seeing it was with my family on our small TV screen with a most likely pirated home video of it back in China as a little boy, became a fan instantly and I think that was how many people saw it in China; I kept trying to belt out "my heart will go on" for days after....

True Lies, Titanic and Avatar actually all became the highest grossing films of all time in China at time of release, the audience base for Cameron in China is just incredibly widespread. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NCsoft said:

I never saw it in theaters in its original run either, finally got to pay my due back in 2012 when it re-released. 

First time seeing it was with my family on our small TV screen with a most likely pirated home video of it back in China as a little boy, became a fan instantly and I think that was how many people saw it in China; I kept trying to belt out "my heart will go on" for days after....

True Lies, Titanic and Avatar actually all became the highest grossing films of all time in China at time of release, the audience base for Cameron in China is just incredibly widespread. 

Wow NC Soft I never knew true lies was so big in china🤯💯😳. That's some cool information right there. Its definitely  one of my favorite spie films and Arnold and James Cameron collabs are stellar in this one. Not quite the level that terminator 2 judgment  day was though. But true lies really gave Arnold another career boost indeed.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 4:45 PM, Deuce66 said:

The last time I checked there are seven days in a week....that being said it was great to see TG Maverick at the theatre and very nice to see an older demographic turning out. Some movies are just meant to be seen on the best/biggest screen possible and this is one of them. Way of Water will be another. 

Dec 18-24: $137,094,001

Dec 25-31: $146,530,209

Jan 1-7: $96,916,087

Jan 8-14: $69,926,708

Jan 15-21: $66,330,413

TG - Maverick - 2022

May 27-Jun 2: $205,604,011

Jun 3-9: $123,500,000 (rough estimate down 40%)

TG Maverick con't

I think I heard this correctly, TG Maverick is the 2nd highest grossing - 4th week gross All-Time behind Avatar. There isn't one MCU/DC/Star Wars/Disney/Pixar movie that has done better. Proof that the box office is still very much alive!! 

Jun 3-9: $137,739,925 (actual)

Jun 10-16: $78,823,609

Jun 17-23: $69,055,279

By comparison Endgame did $39.9M, Titanic $37.6, Force Awakens $55.6, No Way Home $42.2. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 11:02 AM, Deep Wang said:

mmmmhmmmm

I'll believe it when they are in my cold, dead hands!

No kidding, when it comes to The Abyss/True Lies in HD I don't believe anything that comes out of Cameron/Landau. I have no idea what JC's issues are with The Abyss/TL and why he's vetoed HD releases all these years. Does he suffer from PTSD every time he sees a frame from The Abyss? too many bad memories about its production? A real oddity imo.  

On 6/23/2022 at 2:46 PM, titanic2187 said:

Avatar 2 is now less than 6 months away. Is cinema ready for Cameron’s vision? How many screens in the world are capable to reach the specification that Cameron requires? Laser projector, 4K, HDR, all these specification is not a small ask from cinema when they are still recovering from covid-19.

He made it clear that Avatar The Way of Water will be mastered specifically for every type of projection system to ensure "best quality". I don't think he expect owners to upgrade their systems at all. 

We know that there's a major time gap between Avatar and The Way of Water, Dark Horse Comics will be releasing (2) graphic novels Avatar: The High Ground Vol 1 and Vol 2. Apparently this is the cover for Vol. 2 which raises a TON of questions. 

We already know the end result of these battles however it will be interesting to see how it all went down. 

47j21bleep791.jpg?width=1696&format=pjpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deuce66 said:

TG Maverick con't

I think I heard this correctly, TG Maverick is the 2nd highest grossing - 4th week gross All-Time behind Avatar. There isn't one MCU/DC/Star Wars/Disney/Pixar movie that has done better. Proof that the box office is still very much alive!! 

Jun 3-9: $137,739,925 (actual)

Jun 10-16: $78,823,609

Jun 17-23: $69,055,279

By comparison Endgame did $39.9M, Titanic $37.6, Force Awakens $55.6, No Way Home $42.2. 

A sequel doing that, that doesn't hit all 4 quadrants. I'm very much on the billie train

54 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

We know that there's a major time gap between Avatar and The Way of Water, Dark Horse Comics will be releasing (2) graphic novels Avatar: The High Ground Vol 1 and Vol 2. Apparently this is the cover for Vol. 2 which raises a TON of questions. 

We already know the end result of these battles however it will be interesting to see how it all went down. 

"Jake Sully's fears have come crashing to Pandora, guns blazing. The Sky People are planet-side, and taking Hell's Gate by storm.

Jake and Neytiri's children are still on base, surrounded and outgunned. Years of advancement on Earth means they'll be bringing more firepower than Jake could anticipate. Unable to fully rely on his intel, Jake will have to improvise and risk it all to protect his family, his people, and their home. The battle is underway and every Na'vi is in danger.

Experience the epic finale of James Cameron's original story "The High Ground" in this graphic novel adaptation written by award-winning author Sherri L. Smith (The Toymaker's Apprentice, Orleans) and illustrated by Agustin Padilla (Suicide Squad, Transformers, Borderlands, Predator: Hunters II) and Miguel Angel Ruiz (The Passing, Crossed Badlands). The exciting conclusion to Avatar The High Ground leads you directly into the opening of the long-awaited film sequel Avatar 2!"

Damn the Avatar lore is going in hard and fast

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

where did you get this image? I don't see it come up anywhere

2 hours ago, Alexdube said:

where did you get this image? I don't see it come up anywhere

Here's a link to the Penguin Random House pre-order out on Dec 6.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/622153/avatar-the-high-ground-volume-2-by-written-by-sherri-l-smith-art-by-diego-galindo-gabriel-guzman-and-george-qua-dros-colors-by-dc-alonso/

ABOUT AVATAR: THE HIGH GROUND VOLUME 2

**Not Final Cover**

Humans have returned to Pandora—with an armada of starships—but Jake Sully and the Na’vi are ready for them!

Knowing this day would come, Jake has trained his Na’vi warriors with a plan that should make it too costly for the humans to try again . . . if the plan works.

But, any chain of events is only as strong as the weakest link, and in this case the weak link is human nature. As the plan unravels, Jake and Neytiri must race against time to return to Pandora and save their children before the starships land.

James Cameron’s epic original story “The High Ground” continues in this graphic novel adaptation written by award-winning author Sherri L. Smith (The Toymaker’s Apprentice, Orleans) and illustrated by Diego Galindo (Stranger Things: The Tomb of Ybwen, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers). Avatar: The High Ground Volume 2 takes fans to parts of the Avatar universe never anticipated!

• Like 1

"As a father of 5, I take it as my sacred responsibility to be doing as much as I can"

James Cameron on the biggest existential crisis to human civilisation (his words too)

All films will be anti-industrial, while being pro tech.

The first films Enviromental message was Deforrestation

The second film will focus on Oceans (which the human race is also destroying in real life).

Perhaps in the first half of Avatar 2 we'll get to see how beautiful the ocean is in the location the story takes place, then in the latter portion the RDA has ruined it. Perhaps by pumping waste into the area and making the water murkey, imagine the juxtaposition of the crystal clear underwater scenes being the most beautiful underwater scenes in movie history, then Jim just takes that from you and makes it murky with dead floating sea life.

It is pretty much what he did in the first film, showed the wonderful Home tree then blew it up.

Avatar OST ○ Destruction of Hometree - YouTube

Theres also a scene where they're doing deforrestation with the large yellow vechicle.

• Like 1

http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2022-05/14/content_78217705.htm

May 14 2022

"The first teaser trailer and poster were released on Monday in China, offering a sneak peek at the magnificent imagery of the fictional planet of Pandora, including several deep sea scenes.

The new promotional content has reignited the Chinese audience's enthusiasm and nostalgia for the franchise, with a trending tag #Avatar2FirstTrailer on China's Weibo microblogging platform generating 73.86 million views by Wednesday morning.

Trailer for Avatar: Reckoning the mobile game coming in 2023.

Check out the Avatar: Reckoning trailer for the upcoming free-to-play RPG shooter based on the blockbuster movie, Avatar. Here's a teaser for the new mobile game, in which players will embark on an adventure set on Pandora, featuring a brief look at the world and creatures, characters, and some mechs in action.

Developed by Archosaur Games and published by Tencent Games, Avatar: Reckoning aims to release in 2023 on mobile platforms.