Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

37 minutes ago, TRISTAN said:

The above description is by a person who has seen it twice in both 3D and 2D.

That doesn't mean you should not watch it in 3D..... That means Avatar 2 is great looking in any format and for the immersive theater going experience all the movie going audience must see it in 3D but this time James Cameron has also done incredible thing also with 2D. So, every person should see it in both format ( 3D & 2D ) in cinema hall for an amazing viewing experience that they very rarely find in any blockbuster movie. I will watch Avatar 2 at least 10 times in the cinema hall.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gkalaitza said:

Havent seen it but from everything i heard the hfr scenes are at most 10-15% of the runtime, maybe less? Maybe someone else will confirm here

Nah, at least 50% if not more.

Sometimes it felt random, i would think to myself why did they switch here. It was not always closeups in 24fps and action in 48fps. To be frank, i would have preferred the whole movie in HFR, the difference is stark. Those who don't like it could watch a regular screening.

Edited by Elessar

14 hours ago, dignam said:

Forgot one thing. Neytiri was awesome in this one. And the children were very loveable.

slight spoiler (sorry for that!)...

Spoiler

The thing is, though, Neytiri (and Jake) were just absent for long stretches, almost to the point where i wouldn't consider them main characters.

Edited by Elessar

11 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Nah, at least 50% if not more.

Sometimes it felt random, i would think to myself why did they switch here. It was not always closeups in 24fps and action in 48fps. To be frank, i would have preferred the whole movie in HFR, the difference is stark. Those who don't like it could watch a regular screening.

I wonder if Cameron will regret going HFR (or at least mixed scene HFR). HFR seems to be right near the top of the problems some poeple had with the film.

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

The thing is, though, Neytiri (and Jake) were just absent for long stretches, almost to the point where i wouldn't consider them main characters.

Lo'ak here is what Jake was in the first, with all the learning and being an outcast stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Lo'ak here is what Jake was in the first, with all the learning and being an outcast stuff.

I havent seen the film yet as you know, but from watching the trailers andd tv spots, i get the impression that the first 30-60mins is Jake, Neytiri, and the kids together, bad shit happens, and they decide to go to the water clan. The next 60-90mins is centrered around the new clan and the kids, mainly Loak, learning the clans ways. And th final 60mins or so is everyone back together and the final battle.

Pretty close?.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

MODERATION

Stop talking about details of the plot. Everyone here should know better than that. This will be the only warning. 

Well i havent even see the film, i was just specualting. If you were reffering to me XXR.

Edited by stuart360

5 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Well i havent even see the film, i was just specualting. If you were reffering to me XXR.

You're asking someone who has seen it to confirm that speculation. When they do or don't, that gives details and information that may not be publicly available and there are a lot of people who are trying to avoid that.

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

We can't talk about what's shown in the trailers?

As I said above. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I havent seen the film yet as you know, but from watching the trailers andd tv spots, i get the impression that the first 30-60mins is Jake, Neytiri, and the kids together, bad shit happens, and they decide to go to the water clan. The next 60-90mins is centrered around the new clan and the kids, mainly Loak, learning the clans ways. And th final 60mins or so is everyone back together and the final battle.

Pretty close?.

I can't give you details and information that may not be publicly available and there are a lot of people who are trying to avoid that.

• Like 1

Its a wonderful movie and a spectacle you haven't seen before. Going in again tomorrow.

Cinema magic is back !  Thank you James Cameron.

add.: in ~ 2-3 month 3 out of the 4 most successful BO results of all time (worldwide) will be Cameron movies. Thats a lock.

Edited by chaos
  • Like 9

Y'all this is the greatest shit I've ever spent any 3 hours of my life on (maybe on par with Endgame). I'm too flabbergasted to put anything else in to words right now. Yet I'm sure of one thing, it'll be so much better on the second watch where all expectations has subsided and I can just be on that fucking ride again because it is insaneeeeee. And it's so emotional too, I teared up in several moments I didn't expect to 🥺

However I don't know if this will have the same impact on lesser quality screens. But on the right one it should blow everyone's mind.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, dignam said:

So the final rating at RT is 82%. I think its great, regarding all the hate the first one got. 

Not even half the eventual reviews have been counted yet. But it is unusual for a blockbuster that it's managed to hover around the same 5 percentiles this far in.

Edited by Hatebox

35 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Y'all this is the greatest shit I've ever spent any 3 hours of my life on (maybe on par with Endgame). I'm too flabbergasted to put anything else in to words right now. Yet I'm sure of one thing, it'll be so much better on the second watch where all expectations has subsided and I can just be on that fucking ride again because it is insaneeeeee. And it's so emotional too, I teared up in several moments I didn't expect to 🥺

However I don't know if this will have the same impact on lesser quality screens. But on the right one it should blow everyone's mind.

Watching the movie, there were some scenes that I thoguth demand the best image quality beacuse of some details. I can't imagine watching a compressed version of it on a streaming service. If I were Jimbo i would demand an uncompressed version

17 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Watching the movie, there were some scenes that I thoguth demand the best image quality beacuse of some details. I can't imagine watching a compressed version of it on a streaming service. If I were Jimbo i would demand an uncompressed version

I can't tell if you're joking or not, the bandwidth of any Internet service cannot handle the amount of data to stream it uncompressed.