Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

It's still incredible to me that when Avatar beat Titanic's domestic gross it had about half the estimated attendance. A2 may be another perfect storm, but I just don't see it getting an 80% 3D share like the first one. Gravity is the only recent film that has matched that. Avatar actually benefited from the lack of 3D screens, since the shortage of screens is what gave it incredible legs (that and the lack of 3D competitions until AiW). I think the fact that A2 will have far more 3D screens available upfront will make it play more like a regular Christmas blockbuster with a 4-5 multi.

Edited by Darth Homer

It's still incredible to me that when Avatar beat Titanic's domestic gross it had about half the estimated attendance. A2 may be another perfect storm, but I just don't see it getting an 80% 3D share like the first one. Gravity is the only recent film that has matched that. Avatar actually benefited from the lack of 3D screens, since the shortage of screens is what gave it incredible legs (that and the lack of 3D competitions until AiW). I think the fact that A2 will have far more 3D screens available upfront will make it play more like a regular Christmas blockbuster with a 4-5 multi.

dude the film also dominatex everything on hv. Meaning james cameron is practically invincible. People want. Avatar with or without 3D. Avengers is not in the league of avatar as a must see event movie. I doubt any film besides batman and superman, and the next avatars and battle angel can be put in this circle. Unless avengers 2 really pulls a batman tdk and sm2 in quality and avengers 3 benefitS. If they bring in tobey maguire as as a older wiser spidey and ad planet hulk story line. Avengers 4 might really go for insane numbers though

James cameron has a following that is insane. This film is a 2 billion lock with chances at 3-4b. How can anyone doubt the man that tooj a break. None of yur films still cant beat titanic, his very next epic shatters it. HE is also the holder pf the biggest sequel. Terminator2.

sorry BKB and Darth,, you don't have to be a Nicholas Telsa to know where this movie is going to end up. amen. there are blockbusters but we have to put James Cameron's films. especially the epicsin a whole new friggin category. I wonder if any film will come within a billion of its ww gross. This is just insane how much movie fans love this man. In james the golden, silver and modern age fana support and trust. May he never let us down.

Cameron knows what sells.

Period.

Man is box office Zeus. If his next movie was about Suzy Amis reading BKB posts while taking a shit for two and a half hours (in 3D), I'd still have faith in its box office potential cause fucking Cameron knows better than I do.

Don't doubt.

• Like 1

I really hate repeating the same shit over and over in this thread, but Kal, I honestly don't think you have a firm grasp as to just how much 3-4B REALLY is... You have no concept of this and just toss numbers around like this is no big deal to achieve and the truth of it is, is that it is hard..

giphy.gif

no offense but titanic > avatar

apparently the world loved both. Titanic greatest moving and all involving love epic masterpiece of all time. Avatar the most moving and just the greatest movie experience tour de force of all time.

The results:Which bkbs logic fails to see is cameron has a fanbase like no other movie event in history.

Avengers already dissappointing sec ret screenings. Uh oh. Lol

Avengers2 loses to james camerons mega movie by a 1.5b plus gap looking more and more likely. Yes!

You can roll your eyes all you like, but it's true.. 99% of the stuff debated in this thread has been debated a 1000 X Over and you know it..

the funny thing is OK kayom buddy in the end BKB friend knows the end is near. Avengers has maybe 1.3-1.6b in the tank ww. But juggernaut that is avatar 2 will be a ww smorgasbord of moviewatchers falling over themselves to see what james does next. There can be only one film that RULES THEM ALL. And wont be a marvel movie. Especially with 3 avatars left. I expect james to take all the all time spot for the third time in a row.

For comic fans and cameron doubters it ends up the same everytime.

James is the movie god!

Cameron knows what sells.

Period.

Man is box office Zeus. If his next movie was about Suzy Amis reading BKB posts while taking a shit for two and a half hours (in 3D), I'd still have faith in its box office potential cause fucking Cameron knows better than I do.

Don't doubt.

amen ko. bkb and darth will learn why the battle is over in mere weeks after avatars debut. The james cameron ,mega sequel has surpassed the 3 billion mark at the boxoffice. Mojo is speechless at the magic of mr. Cameron. The film also hit a milestone in the surpassing 800m at the domestic boxoffice in 7weeks. It is the first an a sequel to an all time mega box office record Holder has beat its predecessor.

Experts predict this remarkable run has the potential to reach as much as 4billion worldwide:. Yes folks that billion with a b. More news on james Camerons avatar 2 at eleven. Abc news

Edited by Superman001