Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Incredible how it’s #1 on Fandango upcoming movies when sorted by popularity, above The Lion King and The Rise of Skywalker. Is Endgame’s OW at risk? This thing is gonna be huge. Imagine a movie opening like Endgame but it’s December so the big days keep rolling in.

7-BD0-E701-AB17-4133-9720-5359-FD20-FDA7

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Incredible how it’s #1 on Fandango upcoming movies when sorted by popularity, above The Lion King and The Rise of Skywalker. Is Endgame’s OW at risk? This thing is gonna be huge. Imagine a movie opening like Endgame but it’s December so the big days keep rolling in.

7-BD0-E701-AB17-4133-9720-5359-FD20-FDA7

New Mutants is ahead of Frozen 2, and it won’t make 1/8th the box office. 

To answer your question, no Endgame’s OW record is not at risk.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

New Mutants is ahead of Frozen 2, and it won’t make 1/8th the box office. 

To answer your question, no Endgame’s OW record is not at risk.

It will almost certainly do 250 under OW domestically and likely under 200 yet with awesome legs.

"hype" isn't anywhere near Star Wars. Thats what happens when you delay 6 years in a row and wait 12+ years after the first one.

Edited by cdsacken

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

It will almost certainly do 250 OW domestically and likely under 200 yet with awesome legs.

"hype" isn't anywhere near Star Wars. Thats what happens when you delay 6 years in a row and wait 12+ years after the first one.

Had TFA come out 2 years after ROTS it would not have been as big.

21 hours ago, langer said:

Yes, but your dates are wrong, Avatar 2 won't release until 2023 if everything goes to plan (that's a big if...) .  I expect the re-release of Avatar will eventually happen around 2026 as James Cameron finally finishes his 4D technology.  He could also do it the cheap way and go the 3DD road like he did for that Piranha movie.  

By that time,  Avengers 5-6-7 will all have grossed between 5B$to 7B$.  

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I laugh, and also cry. Please Jim, I'm not getting any younger. 

I’m sorry JCS. Hopefully it’s all on track now. I’m definitely excited for it, I just don’t think it’s doing $360m opening weekend. Half that is much more likely, IMO.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I’m sorry JCS. Hopefully it’s all on track now. I’m definitely excited for it, I just don’t think it’s doing $360m opening weekend. Half that is much more likely, IMO.

Agreed. Granted if he really waits till 3d without glasses in 2030 maybe with inflation he'll get there.

Edited by cdsacken

19 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

if he really waits till 3d without glasses

Where did this myth originate? Jim has explained many times why this isn't even close to being a reality for some time, and certainly not something he has considered for the Avatar sequels. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Where did this myth originate? Jim has explained many times why this isn't even close to being a reality for some time, and certainly not something he has considered for the Avatar sequels. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/avatar-2-release-date-3d-glasses-james-cameron-a7811961.html%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/movieweb.com/amp/avatar-2-3d-technology-updates-james-cameron/

It's a great idea but technology is decades away.