Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

The initial run of Avatar was $2743mn. 

Domestic: $749.7mn

Overseas: $1993mn

The special Edition and re-release in several countries added $29mn Approx till March 2011 and $11mn Domestically for $2783mn. Over the time it added another $4mn to $2787mn.

That $2749mn figure is double counting of Port Rico of $6mn.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

So will Disney re release original Avatar worldwide before the sequel so people who havent seen it in theater (myself included) can bask in its remastered Imax 3d glory and further its rat race with Endgame ?

No one knows, it would be pretty logical and many here expect it. But who knows what Disney is thinking, maybe they just do double features or something.

9 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

So will Disney re release original Avatar worldwide before the sequel so people who havent seen it in theater (myself included) can bask in its remastered Imax 3d glory and further its rat race with Endgame ?

I have tried watching Avtar 3 times, 2 times the theatre didn't receive KDMs and third time I got late so skipped.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

I dont think there's a thing like that outside NA. If they release it worldwide they'd just have separate showings here

we had double features for IW+EG in Czech republic. So somewhere it is a thing, somewhere probably isn't

On 7/12/2019 at 3:00 AM, Deuce66 said:

How does he come back in the sequels?

1- He was recovered in the forest and returned to Hell's Gate to be resurrected? 

2- He's not human at all but like Bishop in Alien(s), a cyborg. 

3- Quaritch version # ? is dead, DNA is used to clone another. 

4- Other theories? 

I have no idea. I originally wanted to see him forced to become an Avatar at some point in order to survive, as some kind of cruel twist. However, now I appreciate him more as an actor I think I'd prefer to see his real face and not as a CGI character.

Either way I'm excited, one of the most memorable villains in movie history for me! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Panda said:

Avatar 1&2 double feature in Dolby is going to be an absolute treat :ohmygod:

I'll be banned from the cinema for shitting my pants with my mouth wide open so I won't get to experience this

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/11/2019 at 9:40 AM, baumer said:

Dude if you have an issue with anything here just hit the report button. Think about how many threads are in this place. Do you honestly think we spend our time combing over every thread just to look for egregious posts? That's why the report button is there.

It's how he operates. He's one of the most arrogant, snobbish, belittling person on the board.

• Thanks 1

Just now, cdsacken said:

It's how he operates. He's one of the most arrogant, snobbish, belittling person on the board.

I mean I've seen him belittling but he's punching down I've got to say. Rich man and a Jim fan, it is kinda confusing they're called staff when they do it for free!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I mean I've seen him belittling but he's punching down I've got to say. Rich man and a Jim fan, it is kinda confusing they're called staff when they do it for free!

It's like people have never heard of volunteer staff

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Good morning all. Any new news

On Avatar2. I feel some big announcements are coming!

Hope everyone is having a blessed week.

I hope so! Despite my bickering I can't wait to see this and guaranteed will do it in IMAX and Dolby. Please God no more delays. Only upshot is my daughter will be 7 and maybe old enough for it!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, cdsacken said:

I hope so! Despite my bickering I can't wait to see this and guaranteed will do it in IMAX and Dolby. Please God no more delays. Only upshot is my daughter will be 7 and maybe old enough for it!

You just made me realise that by the tine the first sequel comes out, there is going to be a whole generation that wasn't even born when Avatar was released! That is both sad because of how long it's taken but also incredible because of the potential impact on box office and culture.

A whole new audience is waiting to be embraced by this amazing Avatar universe. Waiting to experience in the cinema first hand what their parents could only describe to them.

It's going to be amazing. 

• Like 1