grim22

Weekend #s on Pg 34. Divergent 56M. Muppets 16.5M. Peabody 11.7M, 302 8.6M, Gods not dead 8.5M

Good for Divergent. Meh for Muppets and bad the rest of holdovers, there are some harsh drop. I would say Non Stop is one of the few that avoid a +50% drop from last Friday. 300:RoaE drop is particulary ugly.

Based on a 22.5m Friday, Divergent gets 51m if it behaves like THG, 50m if it behaves like CF and 43m if like Twilight.

Yeah but the Preview figure of 4.9M represents a smaller ratio of the total opening day for Divergent than for any of the others.  This and the fact that it had Thursday evening shows as opposed to only midnights (as THG and Twilight did) would mean that a direct comparison to either of those three is not entirely valid.

Disney shouldn't have made a MUPPETS sequel in the first place.

i am glad they did. took them down a peg or two. were flying too high lately.

Posted Image

Edited by a2knet

Disney shouldn't have made a MUPPETS sequel in the first place.

:( I think this would have worked better with either a less crowded release date (maybe October there usually isn't much animation then) or better yet using the first movie as a launching point for a show to gain more of an audience pre 2nd movie.  Hopefully it can still make a profit the foreign market plus those tie in commercials leading to another sequel but with that OD unless it explodes OS I doubt it 

Ugh. The Frozen fandom can be extra.

True. It's a fucking cartoon, get over it. I have nothing against the medium, what sucks, however, is the every-cartoon-has-to-be-for-momy-and-daddy-and-kids-and-save-and-funny bullshit. I'd be all game for more cartoons in the vein of Beowulf.

• Like 1

True. It's a fucking cartoon, get over it. I have nothing against the medium, what sucks, however, is the every-cartoon-has-to-be-for-momy-and-daddy-and-kids-and-save-and-funny bullshit. I'd be all game for more cartoons in the vein of Beowulf.

You could say the same for just about anything really, "it's a film get over it", "it's sport get over it", "it's music get over it".Anime has a much broader scope than American animation, so if you want something less kiddy (if that's how you see it), look there.

Anime has a much broader scope than American animation, so if you want something less kiddy (if that's how you see it), look there.

I did. Not thoroughly but i i've seen some of the Miyazaki films or Ghost in the Shell. Good stuff. A lot of anime can be a little weird, though. Japanese are weird people. :P

Well the era of Teenage Books being adapted will never end.  Even with lukewarm reviews these teens still came out.  I expect "The Maze Runner" do probably do similar numbers.  But Solid start for "Divergent".  I think "Muppets" is doing decent too.