Shawn Robbins

CA2: $10.2m Thursday Night (beats Thor2's $7.1m) | $100m+ coming?

It has a tighter, less wasteful third act than TDK.

I disagree with you. The last part of CATWS (the long and boring action scene) is pretty much the worst part of the movie, where they throw the generic CGI stuff, putting the film in Transformers 2 territory.

• Like 1

As discussed earlier in this thread, I actually like how this forum was one of the contrarians for American Hustle. Critics seemed to be going crazy for it, but somehow almost no one in this forum came back saying anything more than "It was fine.. i guess"

I gave American Hustle a 9.5/10

Loved the film, seen it twice in theaters.

But Wolf of Wall Street was a 10/10

Just look at the talent he managed to convince to join the Marvel Studios adventure, it is staggering.

He even made stars out of nobodies. Chris Hemsworth 3 years ago, everybody forgot he was the one guy in the Star Trek intro ...

Marvel Studios will have failures but man, the guy is on a roll.

He also helped popularize Marvel comic books throughout the world.

I, like many folks didn't even know about Marvel's brand besides Spider Man and The Hulk but like many folks, i now research and read about those american comic books.

In 10 years from now, Marvel's brand will be an international houshold name and its characters will fall into the popular culture of many countries.

Don't think, people realize how huge those CBM characters have become outside the US, how big Marvel's brand is becoming and has progressed tremendously in international recognition. 

No other DC character has been popularized to such degree but Batman and Superman(and that was 30 years ago) and Marvel Studios has been popularizing several characters on a global scale during the last 5 years, 

• Like 2

Green Lantern wasn't very fun.

I think WB should hand GL to the Wachowskis.

No seriously, hear me out and do not throw me out for saying that  :lol:

A different universe like Thor's and GL's can be handled either Marvel's infectious fun/energy way, or the more intellectual way like Matrix.  Other intellectual movies -  Inception, Memento; WB already has Nolan in the CBU.

WB should go that way for GL and intelligently innovate on it's unique universe, instead of being conscious of it's distinctness and trying to sell it to the audience the Marvel way. Like with  they did with Snyder, Nolan could be made the exec producuer to the Wachowski's GL (and probably given more of a say  :ph34r:). I think GL falls perfectly into Nolan-Wachowski ball park.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

I disagree with you. The last part of CATWS (the long and boring action scene) is pretty much the worst part of the movie, where they throw the generic CGI stuff, putting the film in Transformers 2 territory.

You can argue that Cap 2's third act is a generic action romp. But that doesn't counter my point that it is more tightly focused and less wasting than TDK's third act.

Cap 2 didn't accelerate one of its hero's biggest villains into suddenly going crazy and hijacking the third act of the movie for an epilogue that only serves to kill that villain off before anything meaningful happens. Nolan created, showed, and disposed of Two-Face in a few scenes. It was a complete waste of potential and utility and it's only made worse by how Nolan takes the consequences of that ending and throws it away for his eight-year time skip for TDKR.

• Like 7

Just looking @ some of these posts makes me think Cinema has changed for the worse!We have reached a point where a adult drama that grosses 150mill is bashed and hated upon!I guess there will be a point where if a person wants to watch challenging films,divisive,,,where qns are asked,ans given.one would just click on netfilx to the past as we wait for iron man 15

Nikki Finke @ NikkiFinke 2mEarly Friday Box Office: 'Capt America 2' (Dis/Marvel - 3938 runs) trending $35M for $90M-$95M wkd & April record.View details

I am not sure if this is a good thing but Nikki is in agreement with me.

You can argue that Cap 2's third act is a generic action romp. But that doesn't counter my point that it is more tightly focused and less wasting than TDK's third act.

Cap 2 didn't accelerate one of its hero's biggest villains into suddenly going crazy and hijacking the third act of the movie for an epilogue that only serves to kill that villain off before anything meaningful happens. Nolan created, showed, and disposed of Two-Face in a few scenes. It was a complete waste of potential and utility and it's only made worse by how Nolan takes the consequences of that ending and throws it away for his eight-year time skip for TDKR.

As a standalone, that ending is mega-freaking-glorious though. And I mean the last 5 minutes or so. It's interesting to me that Nolan made him retire when he could have easily had Batman fighting on for an unspecified amount of time and then being forced to retire due to physical condition. I suppose that would go against Batman assuming the role of being a 'killer' so that Harvey Dent could be a hero, but it just never felt right that he quit like that specifically.

Just looking @ some of these posts makes me think Cinema has changed for the worse!We have reached a point where a adult drama that grosses 150mill is bashed and hated upon!I guess there will be a point where if a person wants to watch challenging films,divisive,,,where qns are asked,ans given.one would just click on netfilx to the past as we wait for iron man 15

Just because it's "an adult drama" doesn't mean it's any good. 

• Like 1

1. I think WB should just cancel Man of Flop 2, this is Marvel's era of comic book movies and any other comic book movie will get drowned out even if it is Batman and Superman.

2. I don't think it will negatively impact spidey as he's being released more than a month away.

You mean like how the Dark Knight films all flopped?