Plain Old Tele

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

probably. this is an outlier. most of the time besides a quirk or two he's the sort of competent functional filmmaker they like for these remakes.

Yeah, I agree. Plus he probably signed on to that because it seemed like a completely safe choice after this mess (so much for that 6 movie franchise you planned, Warner Bros).

3 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I do not trust Richie with Aladdin. 

I doubt he'll have too much creative freedom on that one. Disney most likely picked him the same way they probably picked the other directors for their live-action remakes so far (competent enough filmmakers who have shown repeatedly that they're comfortable working with big budgets).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think the better question is: will Disney keep Guy Ritchie on board to make their live-action Aladdin?

Why even make Aladdin in the first place, it's the worst possible property to remake in the US' current BAN ALL MUSLIMS political phase.

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I doubt he'll have too much creative freedom on that one. Disney most likely picked him the same way they probably picked the other directors for their live-action remakes so far (competent enough filmmakers who have shown repeatedly that they're comfortable working with big budgets).

That's not much reassurance.

Surprise surprise as far as this movie is concerned

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Why are we talking about DC and Wonder Woman in a King Arthur thread?

:WHATanabe: 

Because the people wondering "where is the Wonder Woman marketing?!" (it's been there the whole time, silly billies) can calm down now that WB has gotten this bomb out of their system. ;)