Plain Old Tele

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

53 minutes ago, AJG said:

I have no interest in this film, however landing with an RT score lower than 20% will ensure I see it as soon as I possibly can. I think I have a condition.

The movie not LOL bad it is just very boring and dull.   There are some really dumb moments and the CGI looks very outdated

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Haha. Surely now they'll stop putting Charlie Hunnam in movies. 

Back to TV! 

King Arthur. Lost city of Z. Crimson Peak. Pacific Rim. 

One of those films is getting a sequel, and two of those were well received.  He's doing fine.

13 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Its amazing to me how hard Hollywood fucking sucks at doing Fantasy movies.  The last good ones were LotR.  I guess if you want any decent fantasy now you gotta go over to HBO and watch Game of Thrones.

With almost all big Hollywood movie being fantasy movie that is not a good sign, it is getting rare to have a big budget movie set in the real world now. Some of those Marvel/Star wars/Potter/Pixar/Disney animation and fairy tale remake/Avatar fantasy movie were not all bad.

But yeah not much faith in the next big fantasy movie (Dark Tower, The Mummy, etc...). 

21 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

One of those films is getting a sequel, and two of those were well received.  He's doing fine.

Is he going to be in the Pacific Rim sequel?  I thought it was John Boyega.  Admittedly, I have not been following that one closely (obviously).

7 minutes ago, sabrecmc said:

Is he going to be in the Pacific Rim sequel?  I thought it was John Boyega.  Admittedly, I have not been following that one closely (obviously).

Hunnam isn't in it but his twin Eastwood Jr is. ;)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Haha. Surely now they'll stop putting Charlie Hunnam in movies. 

Back to TV! 

King Arthur. Lost city of Z. Crimson Peak. Pacific Rim. 

He was good in The Lost City of Z. Like approximately 98% of actors he needs both good material and a good actor's director to guide him. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Wow...

Um...

Just wow.

Dont know if that made me like Snyder more or less.

I'm not a fan of Sucker Punch but I think out of context that bit works a fun over-the-top comic booky depiction of patriarchy (and was clearly intended as such). From my recollection its fundamental problem is that Snyder wanted to make (his version of) a feminist movie with women empowering themselves and shit, yet never made the main characters anything more than overly sexualized fuckdolls devoid of personality. Pretty ridiculous misstep there. 

But at least it gave us this? 

• Like 2

Ozy whining about fantasy movies not being on par with the LOTR, which is one of the most monumental achievement in movie history adapted from the most famous & monumental fantasy book in the world.

Talk about First World Problems.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

King Arthur in the streets punching dudes in the face sounds a lot like a Zack Snyder King Arthur movie tbh 

Depends on if they fit in a crucifixion pose somewhere.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I'm not a fan of Sucker Punch but I think out of context that bit works a fun over-the-top comic booky depiction of patriarchy (and was clearly intended as such). From my recollection its fundamental problem is that Snyder wanted to make (his version of) a feminist movie with women empowering themselves and shit, yet never made the main characters anything more than overly sexualized fuckdolls devoid of personality. Pretty ridiculous misstep there.

Michael Bay's feminist manifesto is coming out in a month. lmao

Someone get James Gunn and ROLAND on the case, too

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

One of the rotten reviews said they're planning 6 movies...

Is that for real? lol

Yeah, and one of the producers said in an interview earlier this year they had abandoned those plans. Dude pretty much told us this critical reception (and impending box office failure) was coming lol.

http://screenrant.com/king-arthur-legend-sword-shared-universe/

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

One of the rotten reviews said they're planning 6 movies...

Is that for real? lol

Before the movie started to test, there was some talk about the possibility of a Arthurian movie universe yes:

http://screenrant.com/king-arthur-legend-sword-shared-universe/

According to producer Lionel Wigram, there had once been talk of a shared King Arthur universe that would have included origin stories for other important characters (via Collider). This talk however was very preliminary at best according to Wigram and there are no plans to further explore Arthurian mythology via a cinematic universe. 

But it is dead now I think.

• Like 1