grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

2 hours ago, Sckathian said:

Can you think of any other such line drawn on any such map in any film? It’s clearly a serious issue and and is effectively either Hollywood allowing itself to be infiltrated by people who keep promoting foreign expansion of a state or Hollywood itself is bowing to foreign pressure by backing foreign expansion of a state.

Its extremely serious. 

Again It's a dumb map made by the Crazy Barbie, she doesn't have any idea of what the real world Is. So It was supposed to be a non sense representation of the world. 

Every form of government has its defects: Communits have definitely a problem to accept anti realism since ever, we know it and it's definitely not something to talk about in this thread. So i will say the discussion about this issue is close for me. 

8 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

You said you think the movie could have good appeal in Japan. What is your feeling about China?.

Local Expert Forecast 4x of TLM ($3.75M) // $15M so far. When Pre-sales is up, everything will clear up. But, Summer in China is heavily crowd even big Hollywood Tentpoles like "Mission Impossible 7" is expected to hit from front and back 

My highest bid will be $25M in China for now.

26 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

One of Opposition Senator comment on Barbie replicating @vale9001 and may others comment here.

I understood what's the political argument here. This woman didn't watch the movie (well nobody here did it, i mean didn't even see what is the frame of this map on the trailer) so it's talking in general like if we are at some point in the movie a map of the globe on a perfect scale with every state and Sea of China written on it. Which is not the case. 😁

Edited by vale9001
  • Heart 1

18 minutes ago, Flopped said:

And she is 100% right. 

Barbie a plastic toy didn't do all of that, society projected all of that onto Barbie. Gerwig has said that's literally going to be one of the themes explored in the film. I dunno why ppl are getting mad that other ppl are jazzed for the film.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Character Promotion in China

003-EAci4gy1hfknegk9cmj60qo0xc7du02.jpg

Weren't people claiming Shang-Chi was banned because of Simu Liu's comments about China? Guess that was BS if Barbie is not only being released there with Liu in the cast, but also putting up posters of him.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Weren't people claiming Shang-Chi was banned because of Simu Liu's comments about China? Guess that was BS if Barbie is not only being released there with Liu in the cast, but also putting up posters of him.

Eh, South China Sea Map or 9-dash line did the job to forgive Simu Liu action. It's easy to enter China if you are spreading their ideology around the world. 

I don't have much to say but once a member of China Box Office did tell that Censors often forgive person with time passing by and ban isn't intended to permanent.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Barbie a plastic toy didn't do all of that, society projected all of that onto Barbie. Gerwig has said that's literally going to be one of the themes explored in the film. I dunno why ppl are getting mad that other ppl are jazzed for the film.

people stanning indiana jones telling us a movie about Barbie is infantilization of America.

Cause Indiana Jones is such stuff for adults, it's there just a step down than Dostoevskij level of cultural depth 🤣

15 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Eh, South China Sea Map or 9-dash line did the job to forgive Simu Liu action. It's easy to enter China if you are spreading their ideology around the world. 

I don't have much to say but once a member of China Box Office did tell that Censors often forgive person with time passing by and ban isn't intended to permanent.

Also, he isn't the lead, far from it. Just one of many Kens. It's a bit different when you headline the movie. They can put him on character posters but lead he ain't so it's more forgivable when an actor is just a background player.

• Like 1