grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

15 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I'm just Ken sounds like an hit too. Written by Mark Ronson (writer of Shallow) + Slash at the guitar. It could became a streaming hit since is a peak moment in the movie. And also being an oscar contender. 

Yeah, the Ken song reminds me of the Man or Muppet song that won the Oscar.

Apparently the last planned Pink carpets on Berlin and new York are cancelled because of the strike.

The fact reviews are coming on the 19th and not out today like It was planned (they change It cause they knew about the risk of a strike?) now It's good or for all the last 7 days wouldn't have been any relevant pushing event. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

Margot Robbie is trending on Greek twitter with all kinds of “icon” “queen” “goddess” tweets. This some times happens in Greece with HW actors after a huge ass success, never before. Last time I saw something similar with a HW actor was Henry Cavill after Witcher S1…and still that was for a tv show anyone could watch and still not at the same level. 

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 2

One critic called it "A whimsical & emotional journey of self-discovery & growth."

Sounds alot like Ladybird.....

Sure this film will do very,very well here in Sacramento. Guaranteed people will come out for the "You Got To Support The Home Town GIrl" thing.

I know the movie has a positive feminist message, but it’s sad that the whole conversation around this press tour has turned into ‘Margot is so gorgeous and sweet and pretty in her outfits’ and ‘Gosling is so funny and talented and Oscar-worthy’. OK.

The fact that it has to be promoted this way to garner global interest speaks to how gender conventional things still are in the industry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Redolent said:

I know the movie has a positive feminist message, but it’s sad that the whole conversation around this press tour has turned into ‘Margot is so gorgeous and sweet and pretty in her outfits’ and ‘Gosling is so funny and talented and Oscar-worthy’. OK.

The fact that it has to be promoted this way to garner global interest speaks to how gender conventional things still are in the industry.

I thought I was the only one noticing that. But yeah I noticed too.

12 minutes ago, Redolent said:

I mean...realistically Gosling has a much better shot at an oscar nom than Robbie here because he will likely campaign as supporting while Robbie will have to campaign as lead (and from what I've seen it feels more like Robbie plays the straight man of the duo).

it's not anti feminist to say a woman is pretty and gorgeous and they are not forced to say something intelligent in any occasion, red carpets are not that occasion.

Also in the interviews they are talking a lot about the themes of the movie so i wouldn't say the whole promotion is about clothes. The fact red carpet are just about the clothes..it's not like at these red carpets at Venice or at the Oscars usually stars and directors talk about the great philosophical systems.

Yeah the pink carperts are about clothes cause girls like that but it's part of the conversation about this movie... fast and furious red carpets are about cars but no one says it's sad and they should show more brain and philosophy. Here at least you should have it in the movie. 😅

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

it's not anti feminist to say a woman is pretty and gorgeous and they are not forced to say something intelligent in any occasion, red carpets are not that occasion.

Also in the interviews they are talking a lot about the themes of the movie so i wouldn't say the whole promotion is about clothes. The fact red carpet are just about the clothes..it's not like at these red carpets at Venice or at the Oscars usually stars and directors talk about the great philosophical systems.

Yeah the pink carperts are about clothes cause girls like that but it's part of the conversation about this movie... fast and furious red carpets are about cars but no one says it's sad and they should show more brain and philosophy. Here at least you should have it in the movie. 😅

I think they were more talking about how, in public sentiment, Margot isn't being seen as a serious contender for anything whereas everyone is just raving about Gosling 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bobzaruni said:

I think they were more talking about how, in public sentiment, Margot isn't being seen as a serious contender for anything whereas everyone is just raving about Gosling 

If it wasn’t obvious already - and I’m pretty sure it was - … this.

1 hour ago, Bobzaruni said:

Margot has to campaign for lead. Gosling can go supporting. That's the main difference here.