grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

That’s the big question. I would imagine it needs to be more around the 670m mark, but who really knows. 

Top Gun: Maverick played very well outside of metros where tickets are cheaper. However, Barbie still easily beat Avatar 2 and Mario in terms of admissions

Edited by Bob Train

weird movie

its a lot of fun and everything having to do with gosling is a delight, but the dramatic beats are seriously undercooked

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

On 8/29/2023 at 4:20 PM, Avatree said:

Just watched it. I thought it was pretty funny. The production is a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

But I couldn't help but keep thinking of Lego Movie every other scene and how Lego Movie did it better.

its VERY similar, but then again Lego Movie is also PG Matrix

On 9/2/2023 at 10:53 AM, Issac Newton said:

Barbie’ Is Officially the Highest-Grossing Release of the Year With $1.36 Billion Globally

Rules the summer. Rules the year. Rules WB lifetime boxoffice. This is how true queen does it. She doesn't need hype pre-release thread headline that than falls way short of expectations. :lol::Gaga:

12 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

WB wants to steal that award for sure. I dont blame them, with Dune 2 moving to 2024, they have no frontrunner film to push. Original is going to be much easier than adapted screenplay to win.

I wouldn't say steal. If you have a choice bewteen an easier to win category and the other one you'll pick the easy way. Not different from campaigning Gosling in Supporting although he is a co-lead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rumors of an Oct 3rd release date for the dvd/blu. That's just 2 weeks away, but still no press release? Yeah, something weird is going on.

WB could be waiting until this Sun or Mon after the IMAX release to announce something. But it will be obvious when it is coming out when stores get the physical copies and people post pics of the cases.

Edited by Mojoguy