grim22

Weekend #'s April 25-27 TOW: 24.7, Cap2 16.05,

Frozen is as close to an 80's film in terms of legs, as we are going to get in our day and age.  Like ET, it opened well, but not massively, for it's time.  And then WOM just carried it on and on and on.

• Like 8

Frozen is as close to an 80's film in terms of legs, as we are going to get in our day and age.  Like ET, it opened well, but not massively, for it's time.  And then WOM just carried it on and on and on.

Yeah for months it was like the Energizer Bunny. It kept going and going.

Posted Image

The home video release definitely cut its domestic legs late in the game. But talk about crazy legs: Just looking at the Japan thread...it's mind boggling

• Like 3

Yeah for months it was like the Energizer Bunny. It kept going and going.

Posted Image

The home video release definitely cut its domestic legs late in the game. But talk about crazy legs: Just looking at the Japan thread...it's mind boggling

Yeah if they didn't release the DVD when they did I think it would have beaten IM3. 

It really is an amazing phenomenon, and I can't remember the last time a film used social media to become so big. (The Let It Go video on YouTube was a key part in ensuring the legs of this film). Truly it's films like these that make us want to track box office.

• Like 4

It really is an amazing phenomenon, and I can't remember the last time a film used social media to become so big. (The Let It Go video on YouTube was a key part in ensuring the legs of this film). Truly it's films like these that make us want to track box office.

I know that song by heart now simply because my 4 year old niece (I'm staying with my brother right now), for a period of about 2 months after seeing the film, sang it or played it every day.  Kids love the film.

I don't its just Christians/Conservatives that had a problem with it, it was a really wonky movie

Outside of the rock creatures, which were essential for logical purposes, nothing really "wonky" about it, unless you mean that it wasn't really a crowd-pleaser, which is true. 

• Like 1

Kinda funny that this thread has 17 pages.  The ASM2 thread has added 50 pages in the last 2 hours.

Well yeah. Two much mess over there.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1