CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

There was no way Norton was gonna do anything he couldn't have some control over. I like his acting, but they should have went with Ruffalo from moment one. I'm sure it didn't take until day 2 of filming for Kevin Feige to regret choosing Norton. 

Maybe day one.  I never could see him working in an ensemble like The Avengers, especially not where Downey in his own words dominated like "a rabid, horny gorilla.”

Honestly, I'm not that concerned with this opening. If this was the last Spidey film ever, I'd be happy. The only story lines I'd like to see covered are The Black Cat and Hobgoblin, and since the Goblin thing has been done to death, I'm OK without seeing Hobby on the big screen.

Five meh to great films is way more than I thought I'd see when this franchise was in legal development hell in the 90s. 

Besides, I know they'll make at least one more, if not two, regardless of if America gives up on the franchise altogether. 

• Like 3

He used to regularly land lead roles though, not it seems like he just gets the occasional bit part.

Well their technically supporting roles, not bit part. Plus he's not necessarily super successful as a leading man.

Also he has plans to direct his second movie (if that ever gets around to happening).

Spider-Man 1: saw it in theaters when I was in kindergarten (6 years old) 

Spider-Man 2: saw it in theaters when I was getting ready to go into 3rd grade (8 years old)

After those two, I was just pumped for Spider-Man 3

Spider-Man 3: saw it in theaters when I was in 5th grade (11 years old)... easily the most heartbreaking moviegoing experience I've ever had. And I've seen Super Baby Geniuses 2 and Shrek 3 in theaters. 

Spider-Man... does. not. dance. Or play the piano. Simple fact  B)

Until Toy Story 3, I refused to trust highly anticipated threequels

• Like 1

So what is is 37, 35 or 33mil

It's this:

atm i might make 32-35 32-34, not sure right now it would get to 35 at high end will see only thing in its favor is more theatres its playing at but that doesn't always mean bigger BO
  • Like 1

atm i might make 32-35 32-34, not sure right now it would get to 35 at high end will see only thing in its favor is more theatres its playing at but that doesn't always mean bigger BO

And more 3D viewing ( I'm assuming since it's a 3d film) and it may not even make more than $35m? Ouch

Brazil opened Thursday $3.2 million, the third biggest opening day for that market and 121% ahead of 2012′s “Amazing Spider-Man” while France was up 30% on its Wednesday launch with $2.7 million, plus a $2 million Thursday.

Posted Image

• Like 3

Forget dollars: Just imagine how many fewer tickets this is selling than Raimi's Spider-Man 2. I know moviegoing ain't what it used to be, but let's reminiscence about the golden days (10 years ago)!

• Like 2